Coral QT tank lighting

innovusaquaculture

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 16, 2021
Messages
459
Reaction score
590
Location
Yucca Valley
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So.... I'm going to get my shipment tomorrow fron the WWC live sale.... I am really excited!

I want to put all this in QT while I decide where it is all going. I've set up two 20 gallon QT tanks.

My question is on lighting. I want to make sure I don't over or under do it. Attached is a Seneye graph from the bottom of the tank. Both tanks are identical

Please comment

Coral QT Light.jpg IMG_20210224_100759_3.jpg
 
100 PAR on the bottom sounds pretty good to me. I doubt that is too much nor too little for any coral in the short term.
 
For SPS corals your looking to have 250-350 in PAR....I cant remember what BRS was recommending for LPS and softies since I have so few in my tanks. Experience over the years with SPS with PAR numbers in that range have proven to be a pretty good target range.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new