Coral stocking question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shakeel
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shakeel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2011
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
Jacksonville,Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have always wanted to know something when it comes to how many corals to load your tank with because I have seen some sps tanks that are not jammed pack and have giant mother colonies and I have seen some without any available space and the grow out all different kinds of sps corals.I always thought that spacing was a good thing because corals touching would start a gang war in your tank.
 
It all depends on the type of corals. Some corals have sweeper tentacles that can harm other corals. It's all about catering the tank to your personal tastes and the needs of the corals.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new