Core 7 with Dastaco ractor

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 500 Gal system running a large refugium and Dastaco reactor with triton media. I would like to go to a triton system but using the calcium reactor, could I use the core 7 products with the exception on 3a and 3b to manage elements? I would like some guidance on how to proceed.
Thanks

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you normally have to dose on top if anything?

Have you had a recent ICP show up anything deficient?

OP
OP
Jonty

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have just sent an ICP in I have been relying on water changes for stability

OP
OP
Jonty

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my results are back can you provide guidance?

Attachments

• Triton jw.pdf
    118.8 KB · Views: 454

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok

Firstly you should identify everything that goes into your water, other supplements, treatments, medication, foods etc.

Se (Selenium) high, usually from contaminated salt mixes or foods
Al (Aluminium) high, AL99 PO4 media if used incorrectly, corroding metals near tank
Li (Lithium) high, usually from contaminated salt mixes

Macro-Elements, all low would suggest salinity is too low, calibrate measuring device.

OP
OP
Jonty

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt mix do you recommend? I do not run any additives and salinity is 1.025 per Milwaukee salinity tester and conductivity probe. No PO4 remover. I currently run Neo marine salt from Brightwell aquatics but have changed to Aqua forest since the sample was taken. I did run ceramic blocks for bacteria but recently removed due to aluminum contamination being a documented. I have just started dosing PO4 and Nitrates and Iron to my system as heaving feeding has not helped with those #'s my 500 Galon system runs an HP Aquaristic roller filter and an Arid 30 Cheato reactor. The system is heavily stocked with fish, SPS and LPS.

Last edited:

Tim@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We recommend Tropic Marin Pro, as it's parameters are the closest to our set points.

I would say that your system would be better suited to run the Reef Supplements version of the Core7 at a reduced dose.

The elements are spread between the solutions so you can't really drop one of them as they are not designed to be used that way.

OP
OP
Jonty

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the reef supplements even available in the USA?

OP
OP
Jonty

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim thanks for your guidance , I switched from Brightwell Neomarine this weekend to Tropic Marin Pro and will do a series of 100gallon water changes over the next two weeks and retest. Reef elements will be in stock mid-Oct according to Joe and I will purchase then.

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tim thanks for your guidance , I switched from Brightwell Neomarine this weekend to Tropic Marin Pro and will do a series of 100gallon water changes over the next two weeks and retest. Reef elements will be in stock mid-Oct according to Joe and I will purchase then.
Hello- They are due in this coming week. Email me at [email protected] and I'll let you know when they arrive. You can be the first one to grab a set in the US..;)

joefishUC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt mix do you recommend? I do not run any additives and salinity is 1.025 per Milwaukee salinity tester and conductivity probe. No PO4 remover. I currently run Neo marine salt from Brightwell aquatics but have changed to Aqua forest since the sample was taken. I did run ceramic blocks for bacteria but recently removed due to aluminum contamination being a documented. I have just started dosing PO4 and Nitrates and Iron to my system as heaving feeding has not helped with those #'s my 500 Galon system runs an HP Aquaristic roller filter and an Arid 30 Cheato reactor. The system is heavily stocked with fish, SPS and LPS.
How do you like the roller filter by the way? I've seen more and more people discussing them and am thinking of employing a few on various holding systems. I just worry about the cost of the paper roll on heavily stocked systems.

OP
OP
Jonty

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the roller filter I run a 10,000L/H and run 2000/g/hr through it and a roll of paper lasts 4 months.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back