Cotton candy retracting?

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 torches and a bunch of other corals 2 days ago, and everything was open and thriving until today, the dragon soul was open right next to it but the cotton candy was retracted, both my acans mini sweepers which they use to catch their food are retracted... water params are excellent and I just did a partial water change and a dip for the torch. The skin is perfect on the torch so it’s making me think the shrimp jumped on it or something? Excuse the water particulars I just fed my coral. That isn’t bjd on my acan, just food that indirectly landed on him.
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 torches and a bunch of other corals 2 days ago, and everything was open and thriving until today, the dragon soul was open right next to it but the cotton candy was retracted, both my acans mini sweepers which they use to catch their food are retracted... water params are excellent and I just did a partial water change and a dip for the torch. The skin is perfect on the torch so it’s making me think the shrimp jumped on it or something? Excuse the water particulars I just fed my coral. That isn’t bjd on my acan, just food that indirectly landed on him.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Also have had a branching hammer get smaller, but I think that’s due to my recent flow change due to my torches. Here I’ll include a full tank shot, and I’m overloaded with coral right now, but I have a new tank that’s almost done cycling.
image.jpg

OP
OP
tnewell

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also have had a branching hammer get smaller, but I think that’s due to my recent flow change due to my torches. Here I’ll include a full tank shot, and I’m overloaded with coral right now, but I have a new tank that’s almost done cycling.
image.jpg
I did the water change and dip and cotton candy is okay, scans are still rough looking, I have had shrimp in the past nip at them and I’m wondering if I have a similar problem right now even though I got a different shrimp and feed him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back