Cowfish infection from blenny bite?

Hiachi20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently I got a lawnmower blenny and this guy is usually very healthy. I got a blenny and he kept swimming up and biting the yellow off the bottom of the cowfish. It was white. Now it is showing black and idk what to do other than a methylene blue if I see it spreads by tomorrow. It's all of the black specs and big spot in the area...thanks for any help! :)
85bd146058d56ac531df35b0c1ef1059.jpg
bf5efc6e318b41e80df52ade6236208b.jpg

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a blenny that has attacked a foxface, coral beauty angel, and purple tang, at different times.
They all healed the injuries within a couple of days, without treatment.
Can't promise it'll be the same for your cowfish, of course.

OP
OP
Hiachi20

Hiachi20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a blenny that has attacked a foxface, coral beauty angel, and purple tang, at different times.
They all healed the injuries within a couple of days, without treatment.
Can't promise it'll be the same for your cowfish, of course.
Okay. It was a bare white spot and now it's a cavity grey. I wonder if the bone body makes this different. This is over a few days. I just moved the blenny the other day

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So keeping a close eye on the spots to see if a bacterial infection may be setting in. Look for white-ish/grey filmy areas or redness forming and growing in the spots you are concerned about. If you see these, a bath in Ruby Reef Rally and then dosing with wide spectrum antibiotics in a QT would be the next steps. Kanaplex, Triple Sulfa, Furan2, NFG are all good to have on hand, just in case.

OP
OP
Hiachi20

Hiachi20

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So keeping a close eye on the spots to see if a bacterial infection may be setting in. Look for white-ish/grey filmy areas or redness forming and growing in the spots you are concerned about. If you see these, a bath in Ruby Reef Rally and then dosing with wide spectrum antibiotics in a QT would be the next steps. Kanaplex, Triple Sulfa, Furan2, NFG are all good to have on hand, just in case.
Thank you very much

Back