Critique RockWork

The corals will grow differently and will have different types in different locaitons which will create the deviation. In terms of the rock work I guess I was thinking of the taj mahal.

Im going to go with it. Thanks for your feedback.

Looks much better. Still a little heavy for me because it takes up approx 40% of you tank. If you fill it up with corals, you may end up with less fish room. Overall looks great!!
 
Lots of progress!
I was wondering why you are setting it up to be so symmetrical? I almost looks like you have a mirror in the middle.

I would tend to agree, seems way to symmetrical to me. I would raise either side up a bit and remove the connecting rocks as well, perhaps some of the rocks closer to the front of the tank, too. Some open sand bed areas a very nice if you want to keep any trachys / scolys or favia.
 
I would also take into consideration not putting all the rocks up against the back wall especially on both sides. If can even keep the rocks completely off the back of the tank, you will get better flow and less detritus build up. I feel with tanks 2 feet wide u need to take some time and maybe mold some pillars first and then go in with some smaller rocks to fill in the sides. Make a small mound on the right and a larger mound on the left and keep the middle open.
 
You should setup a webcam and do the first ever Live Forum Aquascaping show.

Get a webcam and setup all the rocks on the floor with numbered spots.
You pick 3-4 rocks and allow users to pick which one to start with.
Voters will then vote on where in the tank to place it and when enough is enough.

You just have to watch out for the crazies on the board who tell you to stuff the rocks down your shorts.
 
You should setup a webcam and do the first ever Live Forum Aquascaping show.

Get a webcam and setup all the rocks on the floor with numbered spots.
You pick 3-4 rocks and allow users to pick which one to start with.
Voters will then vote on where in the tank to place it and when enough is enough.

You just have to watch out for the crazies on the board who tell you to stuff the rocks down your shorts.

+1, Live show!
 
I agree that you have too much rock for my taste. I'd remove some and create a little more open space. Also agree with some of the others, don't put the rock up against the rear glass. I made that mistake once. Friend of mine has the Marco rock and loves it. Great choice!

I'm a fan of "less is more" here is about 160# of rock in my 180. Plenty of hiding places, TONS of negative space, makes the tank look even bigger, and the fish love all the open/closed areas to cruise around/in/over/under/thru.

834701ee.jpg

I like your rock structures. Did you cement them or use acrylic Ross to secure them?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 11 6.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 59 33.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 28 15.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new