Cross hatch aggression.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Wildreefs
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Wildreefs

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 20, 2019
Messages
905
Reaction score
405
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a 8-9 inch male cross hatch 2 weeks ago, fully qtd. I didn’t realize how big it was,
Place has buy online , curbside pick up, no walk ins due to virus.

It’s now in my 180, and I am on the fence about getting him out.

Yesterday was the first day he really opened up and came out swimming, and I watch him bit some fins off a yellow tang. Didn’t eat the prior Two weeks, did eat clams yesterday.


Is that par for the course for these cross hatch, nip other fins, or is this the beginning of what’s to come?

Full blow sps tank, anthias, wrasses etc , is he was quick to bite a yellow, would that make most nervous about the wrasses, anthias etc
 
50/50, the crosshatch is not known for their aggression, but when you 1st add a larger mature specimen in a small glass cage, that's kind of what's to be expected. It's 50/50 if he'll grow out of it. I know many recommend a 180g for this fish, but because they always come in at larger sizes, I think they deserve a much larger tank.
 
I agree, think he needs 8 foot or longer.

Had I seen this fish in person , first, know way I would have taken it for free, let alone $1200.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new