Cross Species Pairing

PrestoChang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i recently found two very nice clownfish at a wholesaler in separate tanks with separate species. i was looking to make a pair, however there was one really good looking black ice clown in one tank and one very nice frostbite clown in another. I was able to determine that one was already a female and one was a male. The male is very small in comparison to the female, id say half size. Anyways i threw them into a tank together and maybe 30 seconds of nipping later they haven't done it since and are glued together. They are similar in appearance however they are certainly distinguishable. i was wondering what i could expect in the future from a cross species pair of clowns. If they breed what kind of offspring could i expect? Will their bond last?

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If by cross species, you mean two different species, then you have nothing to worry about… black ice and frostbites are both ocellaris, just different color morphs. Black ice is a cross between a black ocellaris and a snowflake. Frostbite is a cross between a Wyoming White and snowflake. In terms of offspring, you’ll get a mix of everything.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 31.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back