OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great build. I'm considering a tank from CDA. How are they in terms of communications? and what's the best way to reach them for discussing build options and pricing?

Hi, I had a great experience with @Crystal Dynamic Aquariums. Here is a link to their CDA Contact Page.

You most likely will work with Zoya. She is very helpful and can get all of your questions answered.

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new clown fish. I went with a yellow striped maroon since they normally host bubble tips. As soon as i put him in the tank, he swam right to the anemone.

15D4D995-6C63-42A5-B85A-06CA8868D200.jpeg

DS204

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice - my clownfish started by hosting green hair algae. When that disappeared, one stayed in the depression in the sand and the other found a hole in a rock. They haven't batted an eye at my anemone! dang it! You're lucky!

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice - my clownfish started by hosting green hair algae. When that disappeared, one stayed in the depression in the sand and the other found a hole in a rock. They haven't batted an eye at my anemone! dang it! You're lucky!
This is my second tank. I have 2 clownfish in the other tank that have taken to the euphyllia garden even though there are two large RBTAs in the tank. Turns out the clowns in that tank are not native to bubbles. This time around I did some research and found a clown that normally hosts bubble tips. Happily, it worked.

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so lucky. I live 2 miles from Steve Garrett’s Acropolis. What an amazing place! He is one of the trail blazers of coral farming. He has two outdoor tanks that grow AMAZING coral. I bought a blue sapphire Millie that is the bluest coral i have ever seen! I also got an giant piece of Gregg Carrols Ultimate Efflo among other nice coral. I will post some pictures tomorrow, but I am just so excited placing this coral in my tank.

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so lucky. I live 2 miles from Steve Garrett’s Acropolis. What an amazing place! He is one of the trail blazers of coral farming. He has two outdoor tanks that grow AMAZING coral. I bought a blue sapphire Millie that is the bluest coral i have ever seen! I also got an giant piece of Gregg Carrols Ultimate Efflo among other nice coral. I will post some pictures tomorrow, but I am just so excited placing this coral in my tank.

Awesome. Save some for me! I need to get over there soon. Cody

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see some pics on how that awesome tank is doing Tom.:cool:

OP
OP
Tom Stevens

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the tank is looking great man. did you start with live rock or was it all dry? no issues adding sps quickly?
Thank you. I started with mostly dry, but bought about 50 pounds of live rock from a local reefer. I think seeding with live rock made a huge difference. Everything just seemed to go quicker.

I have gone complete Zeovit which seems to be going well. So far I have managed to avoid any significant algae issues; although, I got a few bubble algae which hitch hiked on the live rock. I just got some emerald crabs which i hope will keep it under control.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 111 57.5%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 57 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 69 35.8%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 33 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 58 30.1%
Back