Cupramine and new fish

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi everyone,
Just wanted to get opinions or experiences w using cupramine during qt period of 3-4 weeks of certain fish. Ive had good exp w it and no issues w the fish i have but ive heard certain dwarf angels like the flame is more sensitive to copper. I am considering either the flame, atlantic pygmy angel, or a tail spot blenny. Has anyone had a neg or postive exp using cupramine on those 3 fishes? Thx for the input.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Angels can be a bit sensitive, but I've found most copper sensitive fish do fine if you take 2x's longer to bring copper levels up.

aykwm

Research Addict!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can resort to chelated copper instead (like coppersafe), its less harsh on the fish compred to cupramine. You can also take your time ramping copper cncentration by takng 5-7 days and observe for any stress or sensitivity

Best of luck

OP
OP
Mariners

Mariners

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thx for the advice, i thought cupramine was less harsh than other copper products.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've successfully quarantined probably 3 dozen or more angels (dwarf and large) through coppersafe (chelated copper) and cupramine. I don't really find that either is harder on angels in particular -- but I do find chelates copper to be more effective -- also anecdotal. I had less repeat treatments in coppersafe. It could have just as likely been human error.

I will say that tangs tend to respond a bit better to chelated copper, but again that's anecdotal and citing perhaps three dozen or more tangs over several years for myself and others.

Garyf7257

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cupramine is the strongest in my opinion and experience, if you are worried about a copper sensitive fish I would definitely use Coppersafe.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back