Valuable MemberView Badges
Reef Tank 365
R2R Secret Santa 2019Build Thread Contributor
- Jan 11, 2019
- Reaction score
Essentially for my new tank I'm thinking of using entirely dry rock apart form a tiny piece to seed Coraline algae. my question:
- can I cure and cycle rock inside a container like this one.
- If I do it in this one will a sponge filter be adequate for filtration / water flow?
- Is a skimmer really nessacary to cure and cycle rock?
- Would you recommend using bleach or acid or both to cure the rock or none (I have plenty of time before I get the tank)
- Should I cycle the sand with the rock?
- Do you think I could fit 50kg of rock in the above mentioned container
- Would pellets be enough of a ammonia source to start the cycle and how often should I add them to keep bacteria alive?