Current orbit Ic Pro Dual

ChristianSaban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help with setting my lights proper. I understand they aren’t the best lights but I have only a few fish In a 40 gallon with all LPS no SPS. I have decent growth but nothing great. I currently have it set at

sunrise-1-2 hours
85%white
50%blue
15%red
15%green

daylight 6-7 hours
100%Blue
25%white
15red
15green

Sunset 2 hours
100blue
0white
45red
25 green

Also I currently am only using 1 of two lights. Should I use both instead?

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’ve got two use them both. Slowly ramp them up after adding the second one though to be safe. Your main photo period should be good. I started my tank with a current and I had growth, but not much. I was going to buy a second but picked up a mars aqua 300 instead. Everything has been growing much faster since I put the MA on there. I did really like the spectrum and features on the current better though.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the second light you should install it. If you do not you should just scrap it and get a new light.

Your settings look fine but the fixtures put out such little par it is not feasible unless you plan on sticking on softies...

That being said I think I ran 75% white during the daylight period. Most growth is driven by whites.

OP
OP
ChristianSaban

ChristianSaban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’ve got two use them both. Slowly ramp them up after adding the second one though to be safe. Your main photo period should be good. I started my tank with a current and I had growth, but not much. I was going to buy a second but picked up a mars aqua 300 instead. Everything has been growing much faster since I put the MA on there. I did really like the spectrum and features on the current better though.
Thanks

OP
OP
ChristianSaban

ChristianSaban

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the second light you should install it. If you do not you should just scrap it and get a new light.

Your settings look fine but the fixtures put out such little par it is not feasible unless you plan on sticking on softies...

That being said I think I ran 75% white during the daylight period. Most growth is driven by whites.
I do have both lights. Bought them new but started with a 20g Saltwater then 30 and now 40 gallon so figured I’d add it once I switch. I don’t plan on doing any SPS for quite some time unless I jump to a 100gallon plus. So you’d slowly ramp back up to the same settings but increase whites? Also, where do you recommend placing zoas. I currently have three plugs at mid level low flow.
Would you recommend lowering them In the tank.

GabeM

King of... something.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran 2 ic orbit 18 inch on my 20 gallon long with no issues at almost full power... 220 par in the first 6 inches is not a ton of light and even zoas or mushrooms will thrive in it. The key is to increase the lights slowly over a matter of weeks as to not shock them. I was running 36W led over 20 gallons and now I run 170W over 50 gallons with no issues.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 62 36.7%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back