Custom Aquarium silicone seams

Jeremy Russell

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Here are some photos of silicone seams from a newly completed custom tank. I don't want to say what company it was until I get peoples thoughts on the workmanship of these seams. The company says these spots are a side effect of using the strongest silicone and 3/4" glass. These spots are all on the front pane, there are more on the bottom edge which is covered by the stand and several more on the back panel as well.

120silicone1.jpg


120silicone2.jpg


120silicone3.jpg


120silicone4.jpg


120silicone5.jpg


120silicone6.jpg
 
It looks like air bubbles. It shouldnt be a functional problem just more of whether its aesthetically pleasing.
 
I"m not worried about leaking or structural issues, I was just doing an informal poll of people who have purchased "high end" custom tanks to see how many would raise issue with the mfg over 8 or 10 spots like that in the front facing seam and a similar amount on the rear.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 15 37.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new