OP
B

Big Tank 95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like that sump? Considering it for my build, but I don’t see too many people using it
This is a ECOREEF pro clear 45x14.5x16 I've only had it for a few months now, and this my very first sump so I have nothing to compare it to. What I can honestly say with all the equipment that I have on this sump wire management and probe holders would have been helpful. But luckily I own 2 3D printers So that's not really an issue for me. As I get deeper into the hobby I guess I Would be able to answer that question for you more efficiently, As I learn more about refugium's and things of that nature, Originally I wanted the (Bashsea Pro series 48 filter roller sump) But I just couldn't Justify the thousand dollar price tag. IMO you Just need something to filter the water. These companies are out of there minds for the prices they charge. But to each it's own. As for now, I think it's working just fine until it's not L.O.L. I paid $485 new for it from SALTWATER AQUARIUM.COM seems to me it does what it is supposed to do. Here's a quick video. Hope this helps in making a decision.

P.s I watched the video before I attached it. My phone speaker picks up the slightest Sound you can barely hear it running.

Attachments

• 20231215_175329.mp4
    63.1 MB
  • 20231215_180513.mp4
    68.7 MB
OP
OP
B

Big Tank 95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the preparation going ?
So far it's going well. Everything is set up and running. Added 2 clowns fish last Friday. From what I can tell, it's going okay So far Just wanna add some more fish but I have to be patient. Thanks for checking in.

Attachments

• 20231215_180513.mp4
    68.7 MB
  • 20231215_175329.mp4
    63.1 MB

trmiv

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hear you on the expensive sumps. I’ve been in the hobby 20 years and the only professional sump I’ve had is the one that came with my reefer 350. I’m replacing that tank with an innovative marine 200 that I bought with no sump. I’ve been debating about buying a premade sump or just doing what I did years ago and turning a 40 breeder into a sump. The prices of some of these sumps is a turnoff plus a lot of them don’t fit filter rollers like the Red Sea Reefmat

Idech

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far it's going well. Everything is set up and running. Added 2 clowns fish last Friday. From what I can tell, it's going okay So far Just wanna add some more fish but I have to be patient. Thanks for checking in.
Very nice tank ! I like your sump too. Good job ! :)

OP
OP
B

Big Tank 95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you on the expensive sumps. I’ve been in the hobby 20 years and the only professional sump I’ve had is the one that came with my reefer 350. I’m replacing that tank with an innovative marine 200 that I bought with no sump. I’ve been debating about buying a premade sump or just doing what I did years ago and turning a 40 breeder into a sump. The prices of some of these sumps is a turnoff plus a lot of them don’t fit filter rollers like the Red Sea Reefmat
I also thought about the route of going with the 40 breeder but being new to the hobby I didn't know how to set it up. That's why I chose the one that I have.

OP
OP
B

Big Tank 95

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: To 180 custom tank. On 12/19/23 I added 1 Naso Tang & 1 Sailfin Tang they are looking happy in there new home. I want to wait another month before adding anything else. Any suggestions for new tank mate's. Would love to here the community's opinions.

Attachments

• 20231222_143949_1.mp4
    52.1 MB

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 131 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 15 6.7%
Back