Cycled?

LilysDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be week 2 of fishless cycle here are my results will it hurt if I bring my salinity to a 1.025 1.026 ?

Test kit

Salinity 1.023 Hanna

Calcium 421 Hanna

Phosphate 0.10 Hanna

DKH 7.7 Hanna

Nitrate 13.7 Hanna

pH 7.8 Hanna

Magnesium 1300 salifert

Ammonia 0 api

Nitrite 0 api

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've gone through the ammonia spike, then yes - the tank might be finished cycling (not seeing your previous test results or knowing what you used to cycle it, this is just my best educated guess). There wouldn't be any issues with increasing the salinity to the desired level.

OP
OP
LilysDad

LilysDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you've gone through the ammonia spike, then yes - the tank might be finished cycling (not seeing your previous test results or knowing what you used to cycle it, this is just my best educated guess). There wouldn't be any issues with increasing the salinity to the desired level.
Used dr Tim’s ammonia and Fritz 900 ammonia and nitrite spike the first 3 days but slowly came back down my nitrate was way out the roof and did a water change 2 days ago

OP
OP
LilysDad

LilysDad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Used dr Tim’s ammonia and Fritz 900 ammonia and nitrite spike the first 3 days but slowly came back down my nitrate was way out the roof and did a water change 2 days ago
And brought my nitrates down a bit is 13.7 to high or is it ok? And what about phosphates being at .1?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And brought my nitrates down a bit is 13.7 to high or is it ok? And what about phosphates being at .1?
I try to keep my nitrates under 5 and phosphates under 0.05, but this is on an established 200-gallon system. Anything under 15ppm nitrates and .5 phosphates for the most part is still fine (albeit elevated), and this will go down over time with the addition of fish, cleaning crew and routine water changes.

Just to be on the safe side, I'd maybe give it a few more days and test again to see if the levels continue to trend down.

Back