OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, but no time soon...maybe 5-6 months down the road. I will get all parameters in check before introducing coral. Hell, I haven't even thought about buying an Alk, Cal, or MG testing kits yet...lol

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes, but no time soon...maybe 5-6 months down the road. I will get all parameters in check before introducing coral. Hell, I haven't even thought about buying an Alk, Cal, or MG testing kits yet...lol
Magic,

I've had Brandon on ignore, as most members of this forum do. If you can't tell, he's a few gallons short of a five gallon bucket. I would caution you on listening to anything he says.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll sub to your posts now to make sure your bottle bac sales are accurate

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're not a store I just checked post history

I thought you were a retail store named that all this time, I thought it was named Hurricane Aquatics

Cycling opinions with no work threads linked is every poster's right. I thought you were a store profiting off stuck cycle science

Feel free to make up anything you want, it's a posters right

Caveat emptor

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Magic031707

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the tank

Attachments

• 20221222_120635.jpg
    20221222_120635.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 25

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the tank
Personally I would wait ‘till nitrite has come down just to satisfy myself the cycle is complete and I like slowly, slowly. However, nitrite is harmless at levels found in normal tank cycles, it usually just means you can’t test nitrates until the nitrites disappear which probably isn’t an issue anyway. Probably best to run your lights low power for a while to reduce algae growth (and it will grow). Getting a quality source of livestock from a trusted source is going to be important even if you do quarantine all new fish. Temperature and salinity testing/ familiarization/ calibration is your first real test. Happy reefin’

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone who reads Dr. Reefs cycle thread knows this cycle was done on day one

all you did waiting past day three, the implantation time of the bacteria per the thread, was add unneeded wait time.

you are done cycling and need to study disease forum preps. Any hint that waiting longer makes your tank safer is false info and out of date and doesn’t align with any seneye posts on cycling, using lesser quality bacteria than you used. You could have added fritz and one lump of fish food and accomplished the same thing given this many wait days.

old cycling science: always says wait longer no matter what, doesn’t factor Dr. Reefs bottle bac thread nor updates known speeds for cycle completion. Old cycling science never aims towards disease prep, it aims for arbitrary wait times as directed by test kits that read wildly all over the place for most.

new cycling science says your tank is as safe on day one with bottle bac as it is day twenty and that disease preps are your only concern. New cycling science would never disavow clear findings from a 100+ page work thread with Dr. Tim in it.
1671733217160.png
I just found this cycling gif, Merry Christmas Brandon! Thanks for all you do for the cyclers on here. (That's me in the red gear, btw!)
Fail Found Footage GIF by Eternal Family
edit oops

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you'd have to input 60 clownfish to overcome that fine surface area :)

I have a thread of someone adding twenty all at once, no ammonia issues lol, so i had to pick 60 arbitrarily as a guess because it would take something that fantastic to overcome your cycle.

3D placement of active surface area is a big deal. Your rocks as arches are able to have round the surface water contact, the degree of fish that tank can carry now surpasses your ability to behaviorally integrate them and it'll surpass disease carry loading unless they're all pre quarantined.

Taricha in his surface area studies using reef substrate/Dan P as well/ have noted that sandbeds aren't particularly helpful oxidizing media...it's why we get away with rinsing so many sandbeds out in the rip clean threads. they're a flat plane of water contact as well, even if bacteria liked to implant there those bacteria wouldn't see as much wastewater as they will see being attached to the high up arch rocks, that's ideal surface area well past day ten on a cycling chart and loaded up.

your tank gets to skip fallow phasing bc you haven't violated it with unclean imports yet. you're on top of both cycling readiness and disease readiness, currently.

your tank isn't partially able to carry fish, needing more bac added, it's 100% cycled and ready due to rules of contact time establishment. disease control and behavioral integration are your next planning steps that regulate fish addition.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very fun exercise on personal bias in the cycling hobby

anyone reading, go to google and put in ' stuck reef tank cycle '

go to page two hundred thousand that way hopefully I'm not tainting the thread with my opinions lol and just look at what the reefer is posting in succession along with all peers

rule #1 you see in the patterns: always a non digital test kit causing the alarm, not an actual tank issue. not the inability to carry fish, its because a cheap test kit reads between .25 and .5 ppm ammonia/that freaks out the poster and the umpires follow suit even though the tank is fine for four hundred thousand pages.

*while searching, try and fine one single instance of a full crash upon cycling with bottle bac, a full reef crash from no ammonia control, and post that link here when you find it.

the collective data we can all equally search to draw a conclusion is so resoundingly positive it will begin to shock you when you read about people doubting cycles in today's posts, where bottle bac is even more potent and better than 2011

notice that all old cycling proponents create a consequence/your tank won't carry fish/your tank might crash / and we can't even find one example among four hundred thousand

basic google searching, even though that's the bane of any reputable scientist, easily tells us your cycle is going to be fine once you add some life. we can read above in Dr. Reef's study that fritz is the fastest-plating bac along with biospira for eight bucks a bottle.

we also know nowadays that reefs aren't expected to run zero ammonia when stocked, that too was old rules. they're likely to show some low level nh4 in the expected range of .25-.5

problem solved using basic and free web patterning.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol. Do you even read what he writes?
I read some.
"Autism is not contagious?"
Poetry, english 2nd language, internet thread speak, and many others that are not always difficult to grasp but complicated and often nonlinear. It's a plethora, adamant but not hostile.
I went to a French speaking country with people who "could speak French" and I had to handle the difficult situation where the rental car company put the key lockbox on the wrong car while the "speakers" sat looking worried.
I gave directions to a tour group in San Diego who had come to Los Angeles looking for Disneyland. I don't speak French or whatever language was being spoken but I told them how to get there.

I read. I'm dyslexic and it helps put things in order in this universe. :)

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
communication with me is a funny subject.

Garf is easily tripped up and likes to point it out. he's learned not to push back too much on the cycle calls, it used to be that way but he can read Dr Reef's thread without prompting and he's streamlined what the disagreements are about

its now whittled down to style debates, writing style is the leftover constant challenge.

but by contrast, what is this/600 pages of material where not one time we had communication errors/ evaluations from the stands range different than those in the field is my only takeaway.

garf makes excuses a lot, but in the end he's a critiquer we each have a mode we offer.

see how for ten straight years, those with work needing done don't have trouble communicating?

only from the sidelines...

Last edited:

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I read some.
"Autism is not contagious?"
Poetry, english 2nd language, internet thread speak, and many others that are not always difficult to grasp but complicated and often nonlinear. It's a plethora, adamant but not hostile.
I went to a French speaking country with people who "could speak French" and I had to handle the difficult situation where the rental car company put the key lockbox on the wrong car while the "speakers" sat looking worried.
I gave directions to a tour group in San Diego who had come to Los Angeles looking for Disneyland. I don't speak French or whatever language was being spoken but I told them how to get there.

I read. I'm dyslexic and it helps put things in order in this universe. :)
ROFL. I have him on ignore, but made the mistake of clicking the show button. You know, sometimes you just can't look away from the car wreck decapitation, even though you should. .

Yes, your tank is still very new of course. You'll get there. I just cycled my new tank in October and I used the Algae Barn Nitrocycle. I won't use it again and my tank is 80 gallon total. If I remember correctly, it said dose 15ml. My ammonia stayed pegged for days and my nitrite was DEEP purple and wouldn't change over. I added a couple of more bottles of bacteria and then transferred my fish over.

The fish seemed like they helped just to get some natural life in there as the ammonia was gone and the water posed no threat to their health.

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Garf, if you made a work thread and were able to get results + acceptable grammar simultaneously that'd be a nice read.

Last edited:

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what I expect from Garf is: stand back/steer clear of a cycling call then when we finally decide there's enough proof the cycle is ready, to the anger of most of the posters in the thread, insert insults about writing style, it's the constant between us any lookup of post history shows. been that way probably 3 straight years now...

its how he inserts a final jab once we've used up the stuck cycling card.
Garf, if you made a work thread and was able to get results + acceptable grammar that'd be well-earned links to read.
I do like to obtain all pertinent Information on a subject, yes. Particularly with possible physical defects such as overtemperature, high salinity, low surface area, water chlorination possibilities, which are I’m sure more common than a lot of folks realize.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back