Damaged frogspawn head

mfbs1998

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2015
Messages
54
Reaction score
20
Location
america
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i got a frag of frogspawn about a week ago and I accidentally damaged it. I was in a hurry at the time so I just put it in the rock work thinking it was okay. I finally got the chance to put the frogspawn where i wanted it to be. When I put in the spot, i realized that one of the heads was damaged. The side of it is kinda torn off. Does anyone know if I should just remove the broken piece or heal it somehow?

20170903_215139.jpg
 
I would just leave it alone and monitor for any infections like brown jelly disease. It will heal. If not, you still have another perfectly fine head that will split and multiply.
 
I would just leave it alone and if It heals that's a plus.
 
A little bit of update: so the damaged side is literally hanging by a thread. Should I still leave it or take it out?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new