• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

dan10342 :(

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in May I responded to a sale thread started by dan10342 and paypal'd $$$ for the chalice. I than found out he did not own the chalice his friend was using his account. His friend goes by calidreaminjc on reef central and nano-reef. He is even still selling stuff on nano-reef
dan10342 is no longer answers my pm's and neither is his friend.
I have never left negative feedback for anyone, and did not want to now, I just felt I was at my witts end. I have been in the reefkeeping hobby over 4 years and I never been screwed this way, this really puts a sour taste in my mouth.

Last edited:

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm so sorry Stacie, that's horribly wrong.

I hate the saying "it takes all types" but it's so unfotunately true. I hope this gets worked out, and everyone needs to shun both of these people on all boards.

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm I know him and have done a lot of business locally with him and he always goes above and beyond to make sure I come out on the better end of the deal! This is very unlike him! Let me text him and ill see what's going on! Did you get ur money back?

OP
OP
racerw

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm I know him and have done a lot of business locally with him and he always goes above and beyond to make sure I come out on the better end of the deal! This is very unlike him! Let me text him and ill see what's going on! Did you get ur money back?

No I have not got my money back. I even pm'd him to let him know he left me no choice but to leave negative feedback. I tried everything I could not to have do go this route.:( I will not bash him, I just wanted to let people know my experience with him.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Sorry to hear that Stacie... Is that the high dollar amount u purchased? PWM? dang I hope he will do the right thing

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you paypaled him and havnt recieved the goods you can file a claim if you havnt already.

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
three things.

first off, the only WRONG i did was let a friend of mine use my account as a favor. If i knew there would be this much trouble, i would not have let him use my account in the first place.

Second of all, I do not feel obligated to answer any PM's. I have been in the caribbean for my cousins wedding for the past 1.5 weeks, and just got home today (i wasnt going to send a long PM through my ipod touch). I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS TRANSACTION ANYWAY so tell me why i should even be part of any conversations between the seller and Stacie?

Thirdly, Stacie, i recommend you go through paypal to get your money back. Since im not the one selling anything, nor am i the one you paid, i cannot refund you.

And to anyone else, please keep your mouth shut if you have nothing intellectually stimulating to say.

143gadgets

Mr. Meticulous
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion u are somewhat resposible as well. U should of never let him use ur account. It's a free membership. He could of opened his own.

OP
OP
racerw

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow Sorry to hear that Stacie... Is that the high dollar amount u purchased? PWM? dang I hope he will do the right thing

Yes it was the PWM. Unfortunatley I have not heard back from Johnathan in about 1-2 weeks, so I am not holding my breath for him ever shipping the coral.

Unfortunately I believed every story that Johnathan told me about why my coral has not shipped. So my time to file a claim thru paypal has expired. I tend to have faith in people and think that most will not screw people and steal their money.

I am also planning on doing a police report in NY with both parties involved in this whole situtation.

dan10342 unfortunately you will be involved since you were part of the whole situtation. Like you said you are willing to take the hit for your friend Johnathan.

Last edited:

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my opinion u are somewhat resposible as well. U should of never let him use ur account. It's a free membership. He could of opened his own.

I agree. If I agree to let someone use my online reputation, I would stand up for it if something goes wrong using my name. Why else would I let someone use my account except to use my reputation, or they were too lazy to open their own account and build a reputation of their own.
If I agree to let them do that, I also take the responsibility to make sure things go smoothly while using my name and reputation. If I don't agree to take on the additional responsibility, then I wouldn't let them use my account.

Online we don't have anything to go on, except someones online reputation.

Thats not saying this is what DanXXXXX did. I am just saying personally for ME, that is the way I look at it for me.

Racerw - I hope this gets worked out for you. Its sucks getting burned......

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
three things.

first off, the only WRONG i did was let a friend of mine use my account as a favor. If i knew there would be this much trouble, i would not have let him use my account in the first place.

Second of all, I do not feel obligated to answer any PM's. I have been in the caribbean for my cousins wedding for the past 1.5 weeks, and just got home today (i wasnt going to send a long PM through my ipod touch). I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS TRANSACTION ANYWAY so tell me why i should even be part of any conversations between the seller and Stacie?

Thirdly, Stacie, i recommend you go through paypal to get your money back. Since im not the one selling anything, nor am i the one you paid, i cannot refund you.

And to anyone else, please keep your mouth shut if you have nothing intellectually stimulating to say.

I say you are 100% involved in this transaction.. atleast help out or even post I will talk to my friend about it and not say u are not responsible... WOW is all I can say!

Last edited:

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly your are just as responsible as your friend who used your account....If I let you borrow a gun and you rob some one am I responsible as well? Yes, in this case it was an account that was used to rob someone, which just happened to be your account under your name with the trust that you have built up. Now not only has your friend made himself look bad but you aswell. I would suggest that you help racerw get her coral or her money.....This would be the lest you could do and help return your name in good standing....Cause honestly I wouldn't do any business with you after hearing about this and how you have responded in your post and you allow friends to use your account to screw somebody over for money....Just something to think about.

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry you all feel this way.

I have contacted Jon many times about it. Stacie, if I had the money i would refund you myself and take care of stuff with jon personally. There honestly is nothing more i could have done, short of breaking into his house, grabbing the watermelon, and shipping it to you myself.

while i agreed i would take the hit for his lack of "responsibility" i never thought it would amount to 1k SWIPE. and when i said i would take the fire, i only thought the feedback would amount to LATE SHIPPING etc.

and now there has been a lack of shipping watermelons, stacy out of 1k, im in the "doghouse" and well, idk what jon is doing.

THIS is the LAST time i will be letting anyone else use my account.

I-K@ndY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stacie is even nice to not really bash u and your friend.If I was out of 1k I will say all the harsh words and will be all over the reefing forums so both of you will not try to screw anyone else.. If I let someone use my account, that person is really a good friend of mine and really knows him.. Seems like you guys are really good friends but when trouble comes you point at him trying to save urself... Is that WM still in his tank? Im thinking he either sold it or its not doing well .. Regardless your boy should return his money . In this economy that money is valuable... I don't know you either but things like this gets me upset.. sorry I am done here..

killingseed2000

hobo of time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if this trans action was under dan account i would say he was or is fully responsible sorry, call it as a see it. let this be a lesson to you dan if you did share the account its your mistake.

dan10342

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This transaction was actually under jon's paypal account. and Pnoyreefer, i am very good friends with jon. I NEVER SAW A SINGLE PENNY OF THE MONEY STACY SENT. so please stop acting like i ran off with any money from this transaction.thank you,dan

OP
OP
racerw

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This transaction was actually under jon's paypal account. and Pnoyreefer, i am very good friends with jon. I NEVER SAW A SINGLE PENNY OF THE MONEY STACY SENT. so please stop acting like i ran off with any money from this transaction.thank you,dan

Don With friend like that who needs enemies? If I were you I would try to fine some honest friends
Correct I Paypal'd the $$ to the address that Johnathan Carvallo sent me using your user name how was I suppose to know it was
a different person. Seems like a big scam to me.
I do not even want the WM now just my money...was that even a picture of his actaul colony or did he steal someones picture?
STACIE

Last edited:
OP
OP
racerw

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
killingseed2000 thanks back at cha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 86 79.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.6%
Back