DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION

Dissemination of the following information is very important to the TRITON community so please share it across all media platforms to help inform others.

Over the course of the last few weeks we have received a significant increase in the number of alarming emails and notifications regarding media and popular blog posts highlighting false information regarding our Triton Core 7 products.

In these articles there are multiple statements based on incorrect and misleading information related to TRITON Core7 which has caused panic and stress to members of the TRITON community.

To avoid any further harm to our brand and fears within our customer base we want to clarify some important points:

TRITON Core7 products DO NOT contain any of the following toxic elements:

Arsenic
Lead
Mercury
Antimony
Barium
Beryllium
Cadmium
Copper
Selenium
Tin
Titanium

Or these elements:

Phosphorous (Phosphate)
Silicon

TRITON Core7 products DO contain:

Flouride

TRITON Core7 supplementation only requires a MAXIMUM of 4 bottles. More commonly, Core 7 Base or Reef Supplements is reduced by the customer to 3 bottles by simply and easily combining the Alkalinity component of parts 3a and 3b. Sharing the same contents, only the dosage on these parts is doubled in relation to parts 1 and 2. Doing this also allows independent control of Calcium and Magnesium, an important feature lost in other popular brands.

TRITON Core7 Reef Supplements DO NOT require a refugium or any other special requirements.

A 1 litre set of TRITON Core7 supplements contains 19,500dKH in the form of Inorganic Carbon. This means that the dKH in Core7 is immediately bioavailable for your corals and does not need to be metabolised by bacteria in the aquarium to become usable for your reef.

Core7 DOES NOT contain any organic carbon. Products using organic carbon to boost alkalinity can effect the nutrient stability causing serious long term problems in reef aquaria.

Please let us know if you have questions or concerns based on information that you have read or heard about any TRITON products.

Rostratum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow! A company like ATI should not spread misinformation about TRITON in an effort to sell their products!

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Wow! A company like ATI should not spread misinformation about TRITON in an effort to sell their products!
We never like to shine a light on any other company but cannot stand by and let mistruths be spread about our products and cause stress to our community.

GlassMunky

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We never like to shine a light on any other company but cannot stand by and let mistruths be spread about our products and cause stress to our community.
Could any of what they are saying be considered libel? Could you take them to court for putting out false information about your company?

Rostratum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the original post

Attachments

• IMG-20210511-WA0079.jpg
    IMG-20210511-WA0079.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 330
  • IMG-20210511-WA0078.jpg
    IMG-20210511-WA0078.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG-20210511-WA0077.jpg
    IMG-20210511-WA0077.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG-20210511-WA0076.jpg
    IMG-20210511-WA0076.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG-20210511-WA0075.jpg
    IMG-20210511-WA0075.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 232
  • IMG-20210511-WA0074.jpg
    IMG-20210511-WA0074.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 324

jzw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dangerous misinformation? how about no information?

why doesn't triton publish a full list of contents? i would actually thank ati for doing what triton can't.

and on the (only now disclosed) fact that core7 contains a carbon dosing action... we suspected it, even asked, without reply (except no no no from fan boys)... and so now which bottle of core7 contains carbon? our guess would be part 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

why doesn't triton publish a full list of contents? i would actually thank ati for doing what triton can't.

and on the (only now disclosed) fact that core7 contains a carbon dosing action... we suspected it, even asked, without reply (except no no no from fan boys)... and so now which bottle of core7 contains carbon? our guess would be part 2.
Interesting comment @jzw. So as a consumer you would prefer "misinformation" to "no information"?

Regardless I do not agree. TRITON was the first company to provide the marine aquarium industry with the transparency of ICP testing and since then every other company has followed/copied our lead. If you dose our products and use our testing service you can see exactly what is in your aquarium.

Yes , we can definitely and proudly confirm that TRITON Core7 products deliver alkalinity to aquariums in the form of "inorganic carbon" and contain absolutely no "organic carbon" unlike others. Thank you for helping us to highlight this.

Last edited:

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s pretty underhanded of ATI, especially trying to claim Triton has “toxic elements”.

ATI pulling it down doesn’t correct the harm. I think Triton has a case for tortious interference. @Julian@Triton Make sure you guys document any cases where you see this misinformation being spread on social media. If you can show loss of revenue you can get damages.

jez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really never see why companies in our industry feel the need to go negative on a competing product. It obviously happens more frequently in the US where everyone loves to leave it to the lawyers but we are a small industry with plenty of choices and the hobby is small enough that if a particular product is rubbish or snake oil the customers very quickly tear it down.

Triton over the years as a company has worked hard to advance knowledge in the hobby through the use of ICP and regardless of whether you like or endorse the company and the product you have the ultimate right if you don't like the product to spend your Dollars/Pounds or Euro elsewhere.

The approach of ATI says far more about the company than their products have done. Make your product the best you can and support your customers and you will win, sniping and ******** is time wasted that you could use to make your product better.

I have no association with either product nor do I use either of the products

David S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used ATI and Triton's ICP testing and individual elements and have been very satisfied with their products and their response to inquiries.
Somewhat mystified that ATI would resort to such tactics.

DancingWind

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I have an idea how that happened. Some marketting dude was givven some data about their own product and talking points about multiple other competitors. And once all that data passed the marketting writing process you ended up with said article which obviously been reviewed by another marketting dude and got top points on marketting...

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to ATI on this on Tuesday and asked them for the source of the information they were stating as I was concerned as a Triton and ATI customer, but I had never heard of Triton containing any of these elements nor had most of them detected on an ICP.

They claimed that it was Triton’s own data that had stated this, but could not provide any examples.

The blog author agreed to correct their blog the same day. It doesn’t show ATI in a very good light at all and although not a legal expert, I would suggest is very actionable.

tastyfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I’m confused. Triton’s email explicitly states that there is no organic carbon..

“Core7 DOES NOT contain any organic carbon. Products using organic carbon to boost alkalinity can effect the nutrient stability causing serious long term problems in reef aquaria.”

Are you confusing organic carbon (a carbon source available to bacteria to metabolise) with an inorganic carbon (sodium bicarbonate) or is my rudimentary chemistry knowledge failing me?

Rostratum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Maybe you need to learn the diference between TOC (Total Organic Carbon) and TIC (Total Inorganic Carbon)

The Total Inorganic Carbon determines the real Alkalinity of your Tank.
Core 7 provides Alkalinity to your tank in the form of Inorganic Carbon in bottle 3a and 3b with the highest concentration of Alkalinity available.

You should send a Triton NDOC test of your tank so you can learn what Triton can do on that very important aspect of your Aquarium Chemistry

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe ati did an icp test on the triton products? As triton not say what is inside, we don't know which is true. Someone with and old bottle should do an icp test of the triton products so we would know what is inside.

Righteous

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe ati did an icp test on the triton products? As triton not say what is inside, we don't know which is true. Someone with and old bottle should do an icp test of the triton products so we would know what is inside.

I do an ICP test monthly and dose Core7 and a number of supplements daily. If any of what they said were true it would be appearing on my and many other peoples ICP tests and we’d have a ton of people in here asking what’s going on.

And as someone else stated in this thread, when they asked ATI directly:

They claimed that it was Triton’s own data that had stated this, but could not provide any examples.

If they had done an ICP and had positive proof they could have kept up the claims and marketing material. They took it down since they had no proof which means it was basically libel.

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have since amended their article to correct this misinformation and also stated that their Alkalinity is based on organic carbon unlike ours which is inorganic carbon based and immediately available for your corals.

You can read it here for yourself:

Last edited:

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back