DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

claudio wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DANGEROUS MISINFORMATION

Dissemination of the following information is very important to the TRITON community so please share it across all media platforms to help inform others.

Over the course of the last few weeks we have received a significant increase in the number of alarming emails and notifications regarding media and popular blog posts highlighting false information regarding our Triton Core 7 products.

In these articles there are multiple statements based on incorrect and misleading information related to TRITON Core7 which has caused panic and stress to members of the TRITON community.

To avoid any further harm to our brand and fears within our customer base we want to clarify some important points:

TRITON Core7 products DO NOT contain any of the following toxic elements:

Arsenic
Lead
Mercury
Antimony
Barium
Beryllium
Cadmium
Copper
Selenium
Tin
Titanium

Or these elements:

Phosphorous (Phosphate)
Silicon

TRITON Core7 products DO contain:

Flouride

TRITON Core7 supplementation only requires a MAXIMUM of 4 bottles. More commonly, Core 7 Base or Reef Supplements is reduced by the customer to 3 bottles by simply and easily combining the Alkalinity component of parts 3a and 3b. Sharing the same contents, only the dosage on these parts is doubled in relation to parts 1 and 2. Doing this also allows independent control of Calcium and Magnesium, an important feature lost in other popular brands.

TRITON Core7 Reef Supplements DO NOT require a refugium or any other special requirements.

A 1 litre set of TRITON Core7 supplements contains 19,500dKH in the form of Inorganic Carbon. This means that the dKH in Core7 is immediately bioavailable for your corals and does not need to be metabolised by bacteria in the aquarium to become usable for your reef.

Core7 DOES NOT contain any organic carbon. Products using organic carbon to boost alkalinity can effect the nutrient stability causing serious long term problems in reef aquaria.

Please let us know if you have questions or concerns based on information that you have read or heard about any TRITON products.

claudio wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello There

I´m dosing Triton Core 7 Other Method. I got my CA and Mg too high. Can I just stop dosing 1 and 2 component and continue to dose 3A and 3B for Alk, without problems ? Thank in advance.

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello There

I´m dosing Triton Core 7 Other Method. I got my CA and Mg too high. Can I just stop dosing 1 and 2 component and continue to dose 3A and 3B for Alk, without problems ? Thank in advance.
Just need to check. Have you confirmed yet that your Ca and Mg is too high with a TRITON ICP test?

MrStoffel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking in here.
I have used triton in the past on 2 sps tanks with great succes. Coral growth was fenomenal. Tanks were very very stable and required very little maintenance or intervention.
Was out of the hobby for 2 years after that and started again 1year ago.
I started using the ATI Ess Pro recommend by a LFS i have been going to for years.
For more than 10 months, i could not keep my parameters stable. Kh was going up and down like a jojo in the 6-10 range. My N&P values was always undetectably low no matter how much i fed.
I lost a great deal of SPS corals during those months.
Recently swtiched back to Triton Core7 method, and things are flourishing.
Kh is rock solid, growth is taking of, no more losses, and my nutrients are in the good range. Detectable but not too high.
I really feel that this has been caused by the organic carbon system, not suitable for young tanks with high alk demand.

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checking in here.
I have used triton in the past on 2 sps tanks with great succes. Coral growth was fenomenal. Tanks were very very stable and required very little maintenance or intervention.
Was out of the hobby for 2 years after that and started again 1year ago.
I started using the ATI Ess Pro recommend by a LFS i have been going to for years.
For more than 10 months, i could not keep my parameters stable. Kh was going up and down like a jojo in the 6-10 range. My N&P values was always undetectably low no matter how much i fed.
I lost a great deal of SPS corals during those months.
Recently swtiched back to Triton Core7 method, and things are flourishing.
Kh is rock solid, growth is taking of, no more losses, and my nutrients are in the good range. Detectable but not too high.
I really feel that this has been caused by the organic carbon system, not suitable for young tanks with high alk demand.
Yes, Alkalinity supplementation based on organic carbon is possible but extremely difficult, especially as corals grow and Alk consumption increases but is reliant upon the bacterial conversion.

Glad to hear that you have things back on track with our supplementation program.

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Julian, no. I use TropicMarin CA MG Test. ICP day to day basis is not viable in my region due to $ rates.

It is still possible to calibrate your Tropic Marin home tests. Many people use our ICP machine for this reason.

Simply take the sample for your ICP test at the same time as you do your home test and when you get your results then check them against each other.

The water sample taken for ICP analysis does not change for these elements over time so there is no issue with the delay for this purpose.

claudio wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is still possible to calibrate your Tropic Marin home tests. Many people use our ICP machine for this reason.

Simply take the sample for your ICP test at the same time as you do your home test and when you get your results then check them against each other.

The water sample taken for ICP analysis does not change for these elements over time so there is no issue with the delay for this purpose.

claudio wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Julian, will do this calibration. I think this is a good measure. Please advise if I can proceed just dosing 3a+3b alone meanwhile. Thanks again.

OP
OP
Julian@Triton

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great Julian, will do this calibration. I think this is a good measure. Please advise if I can proceed just dosing 3a+3b alone meanwhile. Thanks again.
I would suggest that you continue with equal dosing until you receive confirmation that the Mg and Ca IS too high. Even if your Mg and Ca are elevated this will not cause any issues for your corals or other animals in your aquarium. Best to be too high than to be low.

claudio wagner

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suggest that you continue with equal dosing until you receive confirmation that the Mg and Ca IS too high. Even if your Mg and Ca are elevated this will not cause any issues for your corals or other animals in your aquarium. Best to be too high than to be low.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back