Dastaco calcium reactors , who knows about these things? been offered a trade for one of them

YOYOYOReefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So went to my LFS and hes swearing up and down sideways that his new toy is the proverbial easy button for alk.
The guy i bought my current reactor from wants it back because it matches all his other gear , he told the lfs he would trade me his new dastaco ... so i have a chance to upgrade. the dastaco rated for about the same size tank, its their EXT model 9. My mrc is the CCR3824 . My lfs store owner bought his personal dastaco after servicing the tank with this dastaco 9 on it. He doesnt skimp on anything.

would you consider it a good upgrade/trade? I tried one of the first versions of acr (AE) but felt more like a beta tester...

my real question is there a way it can backflow ? that was the issue i had with the g1 version of AE ACR. I never felt it purged correctly at least not ever time .

system is total about 800 gallons 2 displays, sump and fuge.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish someone would offer me that trade. I have not used the DaStaCo but I have heard nothing but good about them, no pH probe us huge.
Gl.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back