OP
dbowman5

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is that a medusa worm i see climbing out across the rock from the left side? Such cool creatures!
i call them cucumbers they have fronds to
IMG_1107.jpeg
gather food they are in my DT and sump and are multi generational by this time. I like them alot

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1107.jpeg
gather food they are in my DT and sump and are multi generational by this time. I like them alot
This hobby is amazing aint it?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1107.jpeg
@najer thoughts?

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not familiar with the orbit loop lights, are they always that white or did u snap the favia and bta pics at peak time? High whites are tough to get a good picture of. I usually try to take picks when im at about a 75blue-25white ratio in my schedule.

OP
OP
dbowman5

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im not familiar with the orbit loop lights, are they always that white or did u snap the favia and bta pics at peak time? High whites are tough to get a good picture of. I usually try to take picks when im at about a 75blue-25white ratio in my schedule.
Thanks for the hint as to getting better pictures. This is the "daylight setting
IMG_1606.png
" I am using. I had it at 100% but everything seemed to be sheltering so i turned them down. I need to get PAR readings.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the hint as to getting better pictures. This is the "daylight setting
IMG_1606.png
" I am using. I had it at 100% but everything seemed to be sheltering so i turned them down. I need to get PAR readings.
When the ramp down begins is usually where your whites should take a drop. Try it around sunset but if u wait too long, the blues will wash everything out and u will need an orange lens/blue filter to assist.

@Raege just snagged one and his pics improved 10 fold. Maybe he can vouch for the one he chose.

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi real happy with this cheaper kit I bought. I use it with iPad with DSLR app installed and galaxy s10e phone and it has made a huge difference. Check my thread to see difference. Here’s what I picked up

Last edited:
OP
OP
dbowman5

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the ramp down begins is usually where your whites should take a drop. Try it around sunset but if u wait too long, the blues will wash everything out and u will need an orange lens/blue filter to assist.

@Raege just snagged one and his pics improved 10 fold. Maybe he can vouch for the one he chose.
i just took this one
IMG_1614.jpeg

Raege

I’m a leaf on the wind watch me soar
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
as you said nearly too late in the ramp down.
Another hobby within the hobby :p Timing of the light cycle , filters , dslr apps can all make a difference depending on what your using. Sometimes just learning the capabilities of your phones stock options does it.

OP
OP
dbowman5

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this morning i went rock turning. Saturday i had put a banded serpent star into my DT. Sunday i moved rocks between my DT, my smaller bow front DT and a rectangular tank that was supposed to be a bare tank for quarantine. uh oh... two questions where was the starfish? was it pinned beneath a rock? good news it was in a gap between two piled rocks in the DT. Plus i rearranged some of the rocks/coral and i like it!!!
top pic the way it was, middle pic right side essentially the same, 445 degree gap between the two rocks is where the starfish was found. bottom is where the rocks were changed, imported bowfront rock with colt coral and hair algae for the blenny widened hole in small rock for the zoa frag to sit in
IMG_1624.jpeg
IMG_1633.jpeg
IMG_1634.jpeg

OP
OP
dbowman5

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jy 31 two mushrooms added I looked up the gestation for mollies it is 60 days. i lost my male some time back but have been getting fry since then. i have 4 in the sump and one that may be the last in the DT it hangs out in my DIY feeding station(barrel from a Jif jar)

IMG_1667.jpeg
IMG_1668.jpeg
IMG_1671.jpeg
IMG_1673.jpeg

I currently have (in order of addition):
2 female Mollies (lost one)
1 springeri damsel
1 clownfish
1 lawnmower blenny who just swam over to the tank wall to munch on algae

1 Pink Rings of Death zoa
2 colt corals (lost 2 cuttings)
1 RBTA
1 toadstool
1GSP
2 mushrooms 1purple, 1 blue
1 ? favia maybe

Emerald crabs
snails (lost some, see below)
scarlet and blue leg hermit crabs
copepods
4 brittle stars
1 skunk Shrimp
1 Banded Serpent starfish

Hitchhikers:
cucumbers
bristle worms
spaghetti worms
pineapple sponges
amphipods
tunicate
and some other stuff yet to be discovered

BIG FUN!!!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back