Daylight spectrum XR15 gen 5 pro

chemicals

Organic Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just bought the XR15 g5 pro and really prefer the daylight look instead of the very blue look. However, I can’t really find the recommended settings for this spectrum. I also dont know if its okay to just turn the royal blues and blues down regarding the health of the corals. I do like the look if al the leds are set to 100%. Is that recommended or do you really advise against that?

Thanks!

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you like the look of all leds set to 100 then simply turn them all down to your desired intensity level, keep in mind par. If you don’t have a par meter then I would start at a lower intensity and slowly ramp your lights up making sure your coral remain happy.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just bought the XR15 g5 pro and really prefer the daylight look instead of the very blue look. However, I can’t really find the recommended settings for this spectrum. I also dont know if its okay to just turn the royal blues and blues down regarding the health of the corals. I do like the look if al the leds are set to 100%. Is that recommended or do you really advise against that?

Thanks!

I also like white and put my leds at all the same intensity and adjust the overall intensity, I am at 30% all channels. Nice white look

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back