Daylight spectrum XR15 gen 5 pro

chemicals

Organic Chemist
View Badges
Joined
Apr 22, 2021
Messages
75
Reaction score
37
Location
Netherlands
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I just bought the XR15 g5 pro and really prefer the daylight look instead of the very blue look. However, I can’t really find the recommended settings for this spectrum. I also dont know if its okay to just turn the royal blues and blues down regarding the health of the corals. I do like the look if al the leds are set to 100%. Is that recommended or do you really advise against that?

Thanks!
 
If you like the look of all leds set to 100 then simply turn them all down to your desired intensity level, keep in mind par. If you don’t have a par meter then I would start at a lower intensity and slowly ramp your lights up making sure your coral remain happy.
 
Hi,

I just bought the XR15 g5 pro and really prefer the daylight look instead of the very blue look. However, I can’t really find the recommended settings for this spectrum. I also dont know if its okay to just turn the royal blues and blues down regarding the health of the corals. I do like the look if al the leds are set to 100%. Is that recommended or do you really advise against that?

Thanks!

I also like white and put my leds at all the same intensity and adjust the overall intensity, I am at 30% all channels. Nice white look
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new