Dead Coral?

Sea Wizard

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 15, 2008
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Location
Cusseta,AL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A friend of mine has given me some dead coral peices that she had for some time. They are really nice peices for decoration only. What I would need to know is what do I need to do to clean and sterilize them for a FOWLR tank. They are already bleached out, pure white. Do I need to soak them in a bleach bath for a couple of hours or what? I don't want to introduce any Bad pathogens or any thing that will kill the fish that I plan to stock. Need advise, please. Thanks, Michael
 
You can re-bleach them if you are worried but be sure to rinse it with freshwater very well and let it dry completely before putting it in your tank. Another option since its already bleached would be to boil it to clean any pathogens which may live inside. Then you can put it right in the tank after its cooled down without waiting for it to dry completely which may take a couple days. Josh
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 14 43.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 2 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new