Decent article on reef bleaching

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Joined
Apr 30, 2010
Messages
2,379
Reaction score
55
Location
San Diego, California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral reefs sending a warning signal - CNN.com

This was on the front page of cnn.com (though I think the international edition.) A pretty well written article that draws some good examples to get people in the cooler areas (good god I remember when Foxnews was covering the east coast cold snap "what global warming? it's cold out, so global warming is stupid") a relative example of what bleaching signifies (no offense implied to reefers who are in those colder areas, more just the idea of inland folks who wonder why to care about corals.)
 
No doubt... It has quieted over this summer though... You wont hear it brought up till the weather drops below 50 lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new