Decisions Decisions, Reefer 250 Flow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnson556
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnson556

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 23, 2017
Messages
476
Reaction score
226
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to an upcoming move I'm tearing down my 180G and picking up something a little more mobile, a red sea reefer 250.

Haven't acquired the tank yet but I'm thinking about my flow plan. I have 4 Mp40's on my 180G and the R250 will come with 2 MP10's. Obviously 4 MP40's would be complete overkill.

What combo would you choose and where?
 
I'd do an MP40 at either end and turned down power levels and the 2 MP10's on the back wall either side of the overflow. It's potential is way more flow than you'll need, but turned down it should be good and VERY random flow patterns which is a very good thing. IMHO.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new