Dehumidifier good idea?

re-fin-away

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2011
Messages
141
Reaction score
4
Location
Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Living is Wisconsin it gets pretty cold up here I never had a problem with condensation before with my 72 but now that I have a 180 my windows are covered with water every morning I get up. I run a dehumidifier on a timer at night, but I can tell it pulls from the tank as well since I am toping off more than ever. Thank God my windows are vinyl but am afraid of a mold out break. Do you run one and if so how much do you run it?
 
I absolutely run one in my basement fishroom where the sump and frag tank are. In the summer I have to dump the collection container daily or it will shut down due to high level. I leave mine on 24/7. I set the humidity level to 50% and walk away.
 
You really do want to have a good de-humidifier. If you want less condensation you could try using the plastic window insulating kits.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new