Deltec 1660 vs 1455

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thanks! I did quite a bit of research last night and now I'm also seriously considering a Lifereef 36 inch too. My use is for filtration for almost an entire fish room. 125 gallon FOWLR (heavy bioload), 120 mixed reef (medium bioload), 50 gallon frag (light bioload), and specimen tanks: 2x20 and 2x40 gallon. I think that equates to about a 300 gallon tank heavily stocked.

well, I'm thinking here. Sounds like you've got a pretty modular set up that could possible grow more so in the future. in your case I may go a size larger just too buffer any potential future upgrades. Either the 2060, or the 2560 even would be all you'd ever need id bet.

for what its worth, I've converted a number of lifereef users, that were blown away by their Deltecs after seeing them in action, by comparison.

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well, I'm thinking here. Sounds like you've got a pretty modular set up that could possible grow more so in the future. in your case I may go a size larger just too buffer any potential future upgrades. Either the 2060, or the 2560 even would be all you'd ever need id bet.

for what its worth, I've converted a number of lifereef users, that were blown away by their Deltecs after seeing them in action, by comparison.
Something I liked about the Lifereef was that I could upgrade to support a larger system by buying the extension and a using a larger pump. What size Lifereef did/do you have and what size system was/is it supporting?

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Something I liked about the Lifereef was that I could upgrade to support a larger system by buying the extension and a using a larger pump. What size Lifereef did/do you have and what size system was/is it supporting?

It wasn't me that had the lifereef, but customers of mine. Been using Deltec now since 2004, but I've sold Deltecs to former lifereef users, that were very impressed and happy they switched to Deltec.

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 1660 on my 187.

IMG_20180407_145723.jpg

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had both a Deltec SCA1351 and 24" Lifereef, albeit on a smaller system around 60 gal. I'd buy Deltec again! The Deltec was very quiet, used very little power, and was extremely consistent. I tried the lifereef because I can't help but tinker, and after a few months put the Deltec back in.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've had both a Deltec SCA1351 and 24" Lifereef, albeit on a smaller system around 60 gal. I'd buy Deltec again! The Deltec was very quiet, used very little power, and was extremely consistent. I tried the lifereef because I can't help but tinker, and after a few months put the Deltec back in.

Nice to hear it. And i swear i don't mean to turn this into a "this vs that" thread. Lifereef skimmers have been around along time and lot of people love them. But barring some parts availability issues, that are hopefully a thing of the past here, with a new announcement coming real soon, generally people don't have a lot of negative things to say about their Deltecs over all.

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah thats great man, Thanks for the post. I've actually got some really exciting news regarding BC and Deltec coming really soon! As for skimmer selection, I think the SCA1660 (AC version) would be a great fit on a 300 gallon system. Nearly perfect in fact.

please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns at all.

thanks again!
I'll be buying the SCA1660 on 5/20 unless something new comes into the market. How long do we have to wait for your exciting news?

Back