Deltec is BACK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
And how long before replacement parts are in stock? I absolutely love my Deltec but it took almost seven weeks to source an impeller and I was about to throw in the towel on an otherwise fantastic skimmer.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Are you carrying any of their external skimmers?

That is a great question! We are definitely considering bringing aboard more from Deltec. We are listening very closely to hobbyist feedback right now and looking at what people are searching for. Which particular model(s) are you interested in? You are welcome to paste links back to us in your response. I will share your interests with our buyers. I suspect the truthful answer is we don’t quite know yet what we’ll bring aboard, just that we will eventually in the most strategic way possible. News is beginning to spread about us carrying Deltec again, so the outlook is bright for us expanding the line. So far the best seller is the SCA 1455H with Manual Self-Cleaning Head.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
And how long before replacement parts are in stock? I absolutely love my Deltec but it took almost seven weeks to source an impeller and I was about to throw in the towel on an otherwise fantastic skimmer.

That must have been very frustrating! Deltec representatives stateside are well aware of the difficulty users encountered who had tried to acquire replacement parts in the past. They actually addressed this with us before we even had the opportunity to bring it up. This was obviously a major concern of ours since this was such a contentious issue in the past. Deltec is now committed to stocking replacement parts in their USA facility so they will be readily available should you need them in the future. If there is a specific part you would like us to ask about to find out how long it will take to get to you (just for future reference or whatever), please let us know.

Last edited:

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
That must have been very frustrating! Deltec representatives statewide are well aware of the difficulty users encountered who had tried to acquire replacement parts in the past. They actually addressed this with us before we even had the opportunity to bring it up. This was obviously a major concern of ours since this was such a contentious issue in the past. Deltec is now committed to stocking replacement parts in their USA facility so they will be readily available should you need them in the future. If there is a specific part you would us to ask about to find out how long it will take to get to you (just for future reference or whatever), please let us know.

Are you planning on stocking the pumps and impellers for the models you currently carry?

Edit: the impeller debacle was just straightened out late last week for me.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Are you planning on stocking the pumps and impellers for the models you currently carry?

Edit: the impeller debacle was just straightened out late last week for me.

We've already added replacement pumps, impellers, and other accessories to our website on the back-end—they will be made live once we photograph them (probably before the weekend)! :)

We plan to only carry Deltec products that will have replacement parts for them already in the USA at Deltec's warehouse. If/when you order Deltec replacement parts from MD, they will be delivered to you in apprximately 4-5 business days.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
That is a great question! We are definitely considering bringing aboard more from Deltec. We are listening very closely to hobbyist feedback right now and looking at what people are searching for. Which particular model(s) are you interested in? You are welcome to paste links back to us in your response. I will share your interests with our buyers. I suspect the truthful answer is we don’t quite know yet what we’ll bring aboard, just that we will eventually in the most strategic way possible. News is beginning to spread about us carrying Deltec again, so the outlook is bright for us expanding the line. So far the best seller is the SCA 1455H with Manual Self-Cleaning Head.
TC2060 or TC2560 would be good for me. I'm running a Skimz SK222 now.

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
That's lovely that you are a distributor. How about spare parts? I've been trying to get parts for my AP902 for FIVE YEARS.

Thank you for your question and my apology for the delay in responding. I have a request into Deltec to find out an answer. I know our arrangement covers everything we carry—beyond that I will have to check so I do not provide you with inaccurate information. Thank you for your patience (again) in the meantime! They are very responsive so I should have an answer for you by tomorrow.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Last edited:

_DZ_r€€f

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi I'm interested in 2561 internal didn't see it listed on side can you pm me price and availability. Thank you

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi I'm interested in 2561 internal didn't see it listed on side can you pm me price and availability. Thank you

I will find out this answer for you. :) I just submitted a request to see if we can secure this model for you. Please hang tight! I will reply back tomorrow once I know for sure. Thank you for your patience in the meantime.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score

@_DZ_r€€f Thanks for the patience here. The 2561 model is not available in the US and we would not be able to special order it for you. I would recommend you take a look at the 2560 model which we have in-stock because it includes the much higher quality DCS 1700 water pump.

Deltec SC 2560

The Jeabo controllable DC pump on the 2561 was not up to par which is the main reason this particular model was not brought into the US.

Robert @ MD

Last edited:
OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
That's lovely that you are a distributor. How about spare parts? I've been trying to get parts for my AP902 for FIVE YEARS.

They said they have AP skimmer parts available for sale. They also said that parts not in the U.S. can still be acquired through foreign sources. Please click the contact us link at the top of DeltecDirect.com to get in touch. If you have any trouble, please let us know!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

kattz

Old surfer dude
View Badges
Reaction score
OK, sent you a note, Jeff. Please send me a real email address and I'll send you a parts list.

I'm really sore about Deltec's lack of customer support. FIVE YEARS. If they treat you the same way, well, you'll know what time it is. Meanwhile, if so, I'll chuck the Deltec in the garbage and get one from Lifereef or Bashsea.

Thanks.

Kevin

OP
OP
MarineDepot

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
OK, sent you a note, Jeff. Please send me a real email address and I'll send you a parts list.

I'm really sore about Deltec's lack of customer support. FIVE YEARS. If they treat you the same way, well, you'll know what time it is. Meanwhile, if so, I'll chuck the Deltec in the garbage and get one from Lifereef or Bashsea.

Thanks.

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I am not sure that I received your note. My personal email is [email protected] though if you want to talk offline.

We know acquiring spare parts for US customers was a major friction point for Deltec customers in the past. That is why we are being very selective about what we make available on our website (and when). We have been assured that anything Marine Depot decides to bring aboard will have spare parts made available in the USA in case something goes wrong or needs replacing due to wear & tear. This will continue to be our approach as we (hopefully) make more Deltec products available to our customers in the months/years ahead.

The impression I got from my last communication with Deltec about your posts was that they may be able to assist you with the parts you need. Did you have any success reaching out through DeltecDirect.com?

Obviously we are extremely sorry for any post-purchase support or lack thereof you received in the past. Hopefully Deltec is able to secure what you need now. Keep us posted.

Jeff @ Marine Depot

kattz

Old surfer dude
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi, Jeff,

I took this offline with you. However, for those watching, there was a response from Deltec Direct, from the same person that caused me so much grief due to lack of response in 2014. We'll see. If they turn over a new leaf for my parts, I'll post it up here. Marine Depot is handling US-made Deltec and their customer support chain may be much better than the old DD, so my comments here should not deter someone from looking at the new Deltec equipment that is supported in the US.

Kev

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 31.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 20.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 4 9.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 11.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back