Deltec skimmer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Acro maniac

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering if you going to carry the new line of skimmers? Im in the market for the 1000ix if your stocking them.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just wondering if you going to carry the new line of skimmers? Im in the market for the 1000ix if your stocking them.

HI there,

Thanks all for the post Some really cool and exciting new coming down the pipe soon regarding BC and Deltec! Look forward to seeing the entire new line of AC model skimmers and more up on the site soon. I'll be stocking skimmers and as many parts and pumps as possible here in the very near future. I can get you 1000ix anytime as well. Please feel free to shoot me a Pm and we can go over some details.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to read the reviews. I was leaning towards deltec, then read a review or two that the NYOS was quieter, so went that direction.

Lots of efficient skimmers available, I'm still hunting for the quietest model.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious to read the reviews. I was leaning towards deltec, then read a review or two that the NYOS was quieter, so went that direction.

The Deltec 1351 was my first choice, then I found the Nyos 120 for a great price!

@Battlecorals Do you prefer the AC version over the DC? Will the new lineup not include DC pumps?

mwilk19

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a 600ix about three weeks ago. I switched from a Reef Octopus 200S. The RO sounded like a small jet engine. The Deltec is completely silent. It has a much smaller footprint and pulls a dark skimmate out of my tank. For me it was money well spent.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like the rework on the output tube.

Yeah I'm interested to hear from the few I've sold so far on what they think. Overflowing has never really been big issue with these skimmers but it does happen rarely, so not a bad innovation at all. Always nice to see that the gears are durning at Deltec constantly to come up with better ideas and designs!

Bubbletips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

What do you think of your nyos 120? I'm deciding between a nyos 120 or deltec 600 for my 45 gal tank.

Bubbletips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HI there,

Thanks all for the post Some really cool and exciting new coming down the pipe soon regarding BC and Deltec! Look forward to seeing the entire new line of AC model skimmers and more up on the site soon. I'll be stocking skimmers and as many parts and pumps as possible here in the very near future. I can get you 1000ix anytime as well. Please feel free to shoot me a Pm and we can go over some details.

Are the new deltec skimmers quiter than before? Would you choose the D.C. Vs AC pump? I have a Red Sea 170, 34 gal display 9 gal sump with fish and coral. I need this tank to be silent as it sits in the family tv room.

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you think of your nyos 120? I'm deciding between a nyos 120 or deltec 600 for my 45 gal tank.

The NYOS is a good skimmer, I had it in the Red Sea 170.

It's quiet, but I did not consider it silent. Others considered it silent.

A few things that make a difference: some silicon grease + weight ontop the lid to keep the litter from rattling. Ensuring the cup is tight, ensuring it sits level on it's 4 little feet. Ensuring all the screws are nice and tight. I don't know if any skimmer could be quieter.

mtdaly85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Deltec 600i is absolutely amazing. Its been in the sump for two days and it's already producing an amazing amount of skimmate. Couldn't be happier with my purchase!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Right on! I have to agree with you:) I am loving the new line. I replaced my older 1625 (long out of production) on my 300+ back up system, with a 1500ix and it's definitely impressing me. The new design is super compact and incredibly effective. I was pretty ambivalent about the manual wiper, but I have done a 180 on that as well. It's so easy to just give the thing a quick twist when i walk past. I wipe at least once or twice a day, and it has increased production and performance noticeably. My only gripe is that every time i do a quick wipe i get a pretty nasty smell wafting into the room lol

IMG_5649.jpg

IMG_5650.jpg

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm very happy with my 600i so far. Almost silent, there's a tiny amount of white noise from the air draw but I have to be listening for it. I'm setting my tank up, no livestock yet, just dry rock that had been curing for a couple months. I didn't expect anything in the cup yet.

20180916_092620.jpg

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates from the people using this skimmer? Do you still like it, ect? Do you think it will work on my RS reefer 170, or is it too big for my tank? considering getting the 600i.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Any updates from the people using this skimmer? Do you still like it, ect? Do you think it will work on my RS reefer 170, or is it too big for my tank? considering getting the 600i.
How many Gallons is the system?

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 52.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.1%
Back