OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the vendor with the six Carnation corals, said there are three different colors. There must be two of each of the same color. He's going to send pictures and it's been about 4 hours and still waiting

20200205_190659.jpg

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the vendor with the six Carnation corals, said there are three different colors. There must be two of each of the same color. He's going to send pictures and it's been about 4 hours and still waiting

20200205_190659.jpg

I so hope they are healthy and you get them. :)

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Slingshot357 haven't heard from you, talk to us

received_514408805881054.jpeg

Hey. Still here. Just did a half reset on my tank. ICP came back with a lot of problems so I cleared out the tank of all rock, vacuumed the sand, sifted out all the old shells and rock pieces, added 40 lbs of dry sand, soaked the rock in hydrogen peroxide and water for 3 days, rinsed them a few times and soaked them in salt water with that Dr. Tim’s one and only for another day, Then re-scaped the rock only using about half of what I had.

It came out nice. Dendra and Portia have new spots. Most corals look good. Some still have problems.

Completely switched over to triton method.

I’ll wait awhile and send out another ICP. Hopefully things are much better.

I’ll post a few pics when I can.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey. Still here. Just did a half reset on my tank. ICP came back with a lot of problems so I cleared out the tank of all rock, vacuumed the sand, sifted out all the old shells and rock pieces, added 40 lbs of dry sand, soaked the rock in hydrogen peroxide and water for 3 days, rinsed them a few times and soaked them in salt water with that Dr. Tim’s one and only for another day, Then re-scaped the rock only using about half of what I had.

It came out nice. Dendra and Portia have new spots. Most corals look good. Some still have problems.

Completely switched over to triton method.

I’ll wait awhile and send out another ICP. Hopefully things are much better.

I’ll post a few pics when I can.
Bummer......all that work. Had to be done. Keep us posted

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer......all that work. Had to be done. Keep us posted

Yea. Triton ICP said a total of 6 x 15% water changes so I figured that was almost 100% so... I like the scape a lot better now. I kept everything away from the glass so I have a lot better flow. Before it was just a rock slide against the back glass. At the time I didn't really care where I put the rocks. I also had over 1 pound per gallon of live rock. Now I only have about 20 or 30 pounds total and 3 marine pure bricks in the sump. I went through a lot of Tunze 2 part putty to get all the rock secure but it should eventually crust over with coraline algae.

I had aluminium off the charts and a lot of other stuff I couldn't even pronounce. Time to reboot.

I also removed the phyto dosing system and have just started pouring it in. I'll set up another system for dosing in the future.

Right now it's total Triton Method. Dosing the 4 parts. 10 Gallon refugeum, No mechanical filtration, No Bio Pellets, No GFO, Switch to Tropic Marin Pro salt, only thing I'm running is carbon. I'll see if Triton lives up to the hype. Refugeum is already looking like a swamp.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back