Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they tell you what type of soft Coral it is

No, they always have a few neptheas in the delivery. :)

DSC_0012 (1024x683).jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since returning back to the hobby in October 10th 2017 I found this company and I've never had any issues getting corals from them but there's things out of their control like covid-19 and airline situations and coral bans,
The owner of the company I called him Sir Len (he's English), so I do a shout-out at this time for New Age Aquatics. They only deal with companies that have only a resale license so anyone can get that it's free in most states and you can do business with them and they take credit card so can't get burned,
Again that's New Age Aquatics

Screenshot_2020-05-20-06-31-55.png

bam123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the corals from Aquarium Depot bit the dust and were not Stereos (no scratch marks), but scleros. Aquarium Depot was cool about it and said they would refund the money. The customer rep said the wholesaler (one of the largest in the country) was ticked and was going to do a facebook live post on how wrong I am, and that she would share the link. I will gladly post here:)) In short, I had a good experience with aquarium depot but would not buy "stereos" there.

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the corals from Aquarium Depot bit the dust and were not Stereos (no scratch marks), but scleros. Aquarium Depot was cool about it and said they would refund the money. The customer rep said the wholesaler (one of the largest in the country) was ****** and was going to do a facebook live post on how wrong I am, and that she would share the link. I will gladly post here:)) In short, I had a good experience with aquarium depot but would not buy "stereos" there.
Bummer, send link :(

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All these years and I learn something new about Reef keeping, All salts are not equal. I was buying instant ocean for the price and thinking it had all the elements of ocean water. So I'm changing over to Red Sea Pro salt

Could be why from 0 to 10 we are at a 9.5. Time will tell

Screenshot_2020-05-22-20-31-27-1.png

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is experimental I'm duplicating conditions from the larger tank to a 7.5 gallon nano tank , there is a 4 gallon sump, 8 oysters in the display hidden and 12 in the sump,and see if it will keep these corals thriving. IMG_20200617_230628646.jpg IMG_20200617_230628646.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back