Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've grown nannochloropsis, it's small 2 microns. Scientific paper say that Carnation corals consume different types of algae and diatoms. I've been feeding mine different stuff so still alive and no atrophy

They had 2 different kits so I got one of each. Nano and Tetra. I watched a couple of videos and I also added rubbing alcohol to the amazon cart. It seems everything needs to be sterile or crashes will occur.

I have plenty of diatoms in the tank. LOL

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Dr. I kept this from you so as you wouldn't worry, I retrieved a certain growth from the big tank today! ;)

DSC_0027 (3) (1024x798).jpg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok Dr. I kept this from you so as you wouldn't worry, I retrieved a certain growth from the big tank today! ;)

DSC_0027 (3) (1024x798).jpg
Is that the same one in different photo, spot feed it, and get back to me
I will be out of the office in the end of December. .....Hahaha

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They had 2 different kits so I got one of each. Nano and Tetra. I watched a couple of videos and I also added rubbing alcohol to the amazon cart. It seems everything needs to be sterile or crashes will occur.

I have plenty of diatoms in the tank. LOL
Show us some pictures of your setups when you're finished of course setting up

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dendra's 2 week anniversary. She's still doing good. Just did my water change and tank maintenance. All parameters are good.

Phosphates still holding at 0.19 and Nitrates at 15. Ran out of GFO. Waiting for delivery to change out old GFO. Calcium and Mag are a little bit high. Alk 7.9, PH 8.28, Salinity 1.025. Dosing about 5ml an hour of the phyto/zoo food blend with polyp booster and reef roids twice a day. Red Sea A and B, Iodine, trace elements and Nopox nightly. 20ml Microbacter 7 weekly after water change.

Still can't seem to grow much coraline algae.

image11.jpeg

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dendra's 2 week anniversary. She's still doing good. Just did my water change and tank maintenance. All parameters are good.

Phosphates still holding at 0.19 and Nitrates at 15. Ran out of GFO. Waiting for delivery to change out old GFO. Calcium and Mag are a little bit high. Alk 7.9, PH 8.28, Salinity 1.025. Dosing about 5ml an hour of the phyto/zoo food blend with polyp booster and reef roids twice a day. Red Sea A and B, Iodine, trace elements and Nopox nightly. 20ml Microbacter 7 weekly after water change.

Still can't seem to grow much coraline algae.

image11.jpeg
Looking happy

OP
OP
Dr. Dendrostein

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today is a day I will never forget. Here is the text to my sister-in-law.

this morning I spoke with a director of the Smithsonian Institute he has contact with various museums around the country here in California the Getty Museum. I made him aware of what I'm trying to do with the corals and the go Fund in 3 to 5 years and he's going to let other directors from different museums know about the go fund

he thought that's a great idea. end of text in a few minutes he's going to send me his email address to send him pictures of the corals and our goals

Slingshot357

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
today is a day I will never forget. Here is the text to my sister-in-law.

this morning I spoke with a director of the Smithsonian Institute he has contact with various museums around the country here in California the Getty Museum. I made him aware of what I'm trying to do with the corals and the go Fund in 3 to 5 years and he's going to let other directors from different museums know about the go fund

he thought that's a great idea. end of text in a few minutes he's going to send me his email address to send him pictures of the corals and our goals

Not sure I totally understand but it sounds like funding your research? That's wonderful! Congratulations!!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back