Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Month 5, discovered by accident few tricks that seem to bring carnation corals back from the dead or near death. Tinkering with foods.

Screenshot_2019-11-11-09-39-07.png
 
Recap, or reminder, it's still true, the 3 F's still apply. Food, filtration, flow. Order doesn't matter, one is not greater than the other. But, till now, I add this. Healthy specimens and good acclimation. This may be the keys to success. In the next 2-3 years we'll know. Patience grasshopper. ........

IMG_20191114_215816_530.jpg
 
Is there a doctor in the house?!
I picked this up on Saturday, as soon as I saw it sulking in a corner I knew it was something interesting.
It was in poor shape, some very odd looking branch tips.
Yes that is a heavy duty base, excuse the pic, over 2 feet away from the desk end, some idiot placed it behind a long polyp gorg looking from the front! ;)

DSC_0696 (1024x759).jpg
 
Is there a doctor in the house?!
I picked this up on Saturday, as soon as I saw it sulking in a corner I knew it was something interesting.
It was in poor shape, some very odd looking branch tips.
Yes that is a heavy duty base, excuse the pic, over 2 feet away from the desk end, some idiot placed it behind a long polyp gorg looking from the front! ;)

DSC_0696 (1024x759).jpg


Kinda looks like deflated stereo nepthea. Especially from what I can see of the polyps down on the left corner. The kind of trident pattern on them.
Give it some light.
 
Is there a doctor in the house?!
I picked this up on Saturday, as soon as I saw it sulking in a corner I knew it was something interesting.
It was in poor shape, some very odd looking branch tips.
Yes that is a heavy duty base, excuse the pic, over 2 feet away from the desk end, some idiot placed it behind a long polyp gorg looking from the front! ;)

DSC_0696 (1024x759).jpg
Stereonephthya, Lemnalia, one of those, cool. Good flow, med-high light? Food. Can't believe you found one. I was at a LRS last week, they had a stereonephthya for $800. Was big like American football. Thanks for sharing, comrade. @MixedFruitBasket will love it. ........Hahaha

Screenshot_2019-11-12-21-01-10-1.png
 
England time, lights ramping down, more pics tomorrow hopefully! :)
Just moved into more light and flow.

DSC_0711 (1024x637).jpg
Don't forget, do the sponge bacteria acclimation, will help unstress. In future. Looks like it's starting to relax.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new