Dendronephthya & Scleronephthya aquaculture

Behind the scenes

20191125_154300.jpg
 
I was wishing it was scleronephthya. ....Hahaha don't forget, I know a sanctuary for scleronephthya. Think about it


Yeah, the orange ones are scleroneptheya, but they are staying. So far they seem really happy.
 
I realized last night I've had a chili coral in my tank for over a year. Even after getting buried under a rock for months it's managed to stay alive. Now it just kinda hangs out under this short bridge in the rock work fluffing up every night waiting to be fed. I noticed that the scleronepthya will fluff in the light and at various other times. However the chili coral is truly nocturnal and will only extend polyps in absolute dark. Do your chili corals extend any polyps during the day?
 
I realized last night I've had a chili coral in my tank for over a year. Even after getting buried under a rock for months it's managed to stay alive. Now it just kinda hangs out under this short bridge in the rock work fluffing up every night waiting to be fed. I noticed that the scleronepthya will fluff in the light and at various other times. However the chili coral is truly nocturnal and will only extend polyps in absolute dark. Do your chili corals extend any polyps during the day?
Opens mostly night, being rainy season now. Tank's awning is outside so large tarp covers it nicely. Chili corals hardy
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new