Diagnosis Please, What's This Patch on my Tang?

Pluteaz

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 3, 2019
Messages
35
Reaction score
51
Location
St. Petersburg
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this guy in quarantine for about a week and noticed this developing a couple days ago. Any clue as to what it is and how to treat? He is eating fine, but every now and then he kinda flex curls to that side, so I think it's agitating him more.
IMG_20200330_132316.jpg
IMG_20200330_132223.jpg
IMG_20200330_132300.jpg
 
Bactrial yes and fish should respond well to either Maracyn or Melafix.
Please describe your diet for your tank and are you adding vitamins and garlic to foods?

WHAT IS AGE OF TANK AND CURRENT WATER QUALITY ?
 
Bactrial yes and fish should respond well to either Maracyn or Melafix.
Please describe your diet for your tank and are you adding vitamins and garlic to foods?

WHAT IS AGE OF TANK AND CURRENT WATER QUALITY ?
I will get the exact parameters soon, but the tank has been set up for a little less than a month. it's a quarantine with 1/3 new water and 2/3 full of water from my main display which has been up for 10 months. I'm assuming the nitrate Level is <10 or even <5ppm, but like I said I'll get that measured to know exactly what it is.

As for food I'm feeding a mix of selecon soaked nori and also fish eggs with dewormer.
 
I will get the exact parameters soon, but the tank has been set up for a little less than a month. it's a quarantine with 1/3 new water and 2/3 full of water from my main display which has been up for 10 months. I'm assuming the nitrate Level is <10 or even <5ppm, but like I said I'll get that measured to know exactly what it is.

As for food I'm feeding a mix of selecon soaked nori and also fish eggs with dewormer.
water quality as suspected may be an issue with age of tank. QY best with new water . Nevertheless, as long as fish is eating- Diet inadequate.
Feed mysis shrimp, plankton, Formula 2 flake and frozen, LRS herbivore diet and spirulina brine shrimp
 
water quality as suspected may be an issue with age of tank. QY best with new water . Nevertheless, as long as fish is eating- Diet inadequate.
Feed mysis shrimp, plankton, Formula 2 flake and frozen, LRS herbivore diet and spirulina brine shrimp
Thank you for the advice!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new