Diagnosis Please, What's This Patch on my Tang?

Pluteaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this guy in quarantine for about a week and noticed this developing a couple days ago. Any clue as to what it is and how to treat? He is eating fine, but every now and then he kinda flex curls to that side, so I think it's agitating him more.
IMG_20200330_132316.jpg
IMG_20200330_132223.jpg
IMG_20200330_132300.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Bactrial yes and fish should respond well to either Maracyn or Melafix.
Please describe your diet for your tank and are you adding vitamins and garlic to foods?

WHAT IS AGE OF TANK AND CURRENT WATER QUALITY ?

OP
OP
Pluteaz

Pluteaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bactrial yes and fish should respond well to either Maracyn or Melafix.
Please describe your diet for your tank and are you adding vitamins and garlic to foods?

WHAT IS AGE OF TANK AND CURRENT WATER QUALITY ?
I will get the exact parameters soon, but the tank has been set up for a little less than a month. it's a quarantine with 1/3 new water and 2/3 full of water from my main display which has been up for 10 months. I'm assuming the nitrate Level is <10 or even <5ppm, but like I said I'll get that measured to know exactly what it is.

As for food I'm feeding a mix of selecon soaked nori and also fish eggs with dewormer.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I will get the exact parameters soon, but the tank has been set up for a little less than a month. it's a quarantine with 1/3 new water and 2/3 full of water from my main display which has been up for 10 months. I'm assuming the nitrate Level is <10 or even <5ppm, but like I said I'll get that measured to know exactly what it is.

As for food I'm feeding a mix of selecon soaked nori and also fish eggs with dewormer.
water quality as suspected may be an issue with age of tank. QY best with new water . Nevertheless, as long as fish is eating- Diet inadequate.
Feed mysis shrimp, plankton, Formula 2 flake and frozen, LRS herbivore diet and spirulina brine shrimp

OP
OP
Pluteaz

Pluteaz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
water quality as suspected may be an issue with age of tank. QY best with new water . Nevertheless, as long as fish is eating- Diet inadequate.
Feed mysis shrimp, plankton, Formula 2 flake and frozen, LRS herbivore diet and spirulina brine shrimp
Thank you for the advice!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back