Diatoms

  • Thread starter Thread starter ryecoon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Neither go after that stuff. Snails will help but just to much of it. Tank maturity is what I keep getting told and its been a year so I don't buy into the silica reason. I'm just hoping good water changes on schedule, wet skimming, and filter socks will do the trick.
 
I will give it a shot. Once ive tried all the advice ive been getting from you all. I will post progress on which solution helped the best.
 
Silica free sand, rodi water, aquavitro salt that is silica free, and got them. So gotta be something else. Also running gfo and carbon reactors.
 
My last conclusion is the Plastic from the new pvc piping i installed with the sump including new sand.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new