Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s your all-time favorite fish? :)
Personal or worked with?

I could never pick my favorite child... But it would be between my Miracle my wild caught Yellow Tang (Was the first fish I ever saved from Uronema and the last wild caught YT. She was tiny!) , Grumpy my YWG and his buddies the shrimps because I love him, the Stripey the Swissguard as this is I think my favorite fish class (Liopropoma) or maybe Henry our Valentinii Puffer as he is just a puppy dog. So I pretty much named them all...

As far as working with fish, lately I have been on a Butterfly Kick and have been loving working with pretty much any butterflyfish I can get my hands on. I like the challenge of them. The issue is not many people have them in their tanks so I tend to sit on them for a while online. Everyone loves their coral :)

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personal or worked with?

I could never pick my favorite child... But it would be between my Miracle my wild caught Yellow Tang (Was the first fish I ever saved from Uronema and the last wild caught YT. She was tiny!) , Grumpy my YWG and his buddies the shrimps because I love him, the Stripey the Swissguard as this is I think my favorite fish class (Liopropoma) or maybe Henry our Valentinii Puffer as he is just a puppy dog. So I pretty much named them all...

As far as working with fish, lately I have been on a Butterfly Kick and have been loving working with pretty much any butterflyfish I can get my hands on. I like the challenge of them. The issue is not many people have them in their tanks so I tend to sit on them for a while online. Everyone loves their coral :)
I have 3 pyramid butterflies. I’ve really been liking how they have a spiky Mohawk at times.

I’ve been thinking of adding a Copperband butterfly. I have the worms for it. ;)

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s the spiky Mohawk I am referring to:

Here is what they look like most of the time:
5D36A73C-BC69-4E5A-B3B1-66F5FCB7B425.jpeg
And here’s what they look like all flared out:
30AD8447-60EC-4677-AA9A-7763E92FF8B1.jpeg

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, been a while so I figure I would just leave a quick Happy Halloween from our family to yours!

Lilah-1.jpg

The tank is really starting to take up a ton of ALK! Things are growing and finding their places on the rocks. Also lot of encrusting so all the good things are happening. I will snap a couple of pictures when I get a chance, FisHotel has been keeping me very busy!

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick Check-in -- Been a minute so I figured I would simply say hello and see if anyone I used to chat with is still around. :) The tank is still running strong but was thinking about doing a new tank in the Theater Room. We will see if that comes to fruition. Anyway hope all has been well and most of you guys still have your reefs!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good morning! Glad to hear your tank is still running! The idea of a theatre room sounds fantastic! All the best to you, sir!

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How’s Christina?
She is doing well, she went back to school to get the last class she needed to complete college (She was 3 credits short!). So she is just finishing up with that, and of course with the little kiddo that keeps us also very busy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy to have found you here Dierks! Really nice build.
Clearly, its been a very long time since I have updated and many things have happened in the last 4 years. Of course, I have everything logged... I figured I should really pop my head in here once in a while and simply get my feet wet again. Its been a long while that is for sure.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She is doing well, she went back to school to get here last class she needed to complete college (She was 3 credits short!). So she is just finishing up with that, and of course with the little kiddo that keeps us also very busy.
God I’m such a dunce. I got the names mixed up.

I meant to ask how Lilah was doing. She’s a toddler now, eh? What’s that like? Must be exciting and interesting. :)

OP
OP
Dierks

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
God I’m such a dunce. I got the names mixed up.

I meant to ask how Lilah was doing. She’s a toddler now, eh? What’s that like? Must be exciting and interesting. :)
No man you are all good, I too sometimes get them mixed up :) haha Yup, Christina is my Wife and Lilah is my daughter.

The Baby Bear is doing amazing, she is always sick though as every 1.5-year-old is. She is starting to put her words together and having some emotional meltdowns. All the things we think of with a toddler. But I love that little monkey so much, sh is learning and growing every single day. I get to bring her to the FisHotel twice a week and it's a blast having her around and looking at all the fish.

She says FFEEsch... Haha! i love it....

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 13.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 19 43.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back