Digital Aquatics Archon

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your off time is the same as your on time. Mine is set for double the ramp time for the off time. Does this matter?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine happens to be double the ramp time also. Just make sure it isn't close to 24hrs total. The off time has to be more than the ramp but not necessarily double. Just make sure and leave several hours of time that the timer is not active. If you power down or reset your timers will get out of wack and the more inactive time the more quickly they will correct themselves.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As requested the attached files are screenshots of my LED's timer program and the programming screen from the ALC. Let me know what you think.

Attachments

• ALC Programming.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 248
  • Sols Timer.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 222

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been a long time since I used the ALC. I though the white and blue had seperate timers. You can use the same timer but you have to assign it to each. The timer looks OK. If you need to change it the best bet is to erase it and setup another timer. They do not like to be changed . Especially if you change it while it is still active.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks Danny. I’ve not had to run a separate timer for both blue and white channels. One timer worked both. I’ll clear it out after I know it is supposed to be off and start a new one. We’ll see how long that one lasts.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This morning I was greeted with an alarm from my Archon saying the vodka dosing container needed to be refilled. Turns out the DP1 I am using to dose vodka to my nitrate reactor dumped half the container into the reactor before the low level float shut it down. This is ridiculous. Why does this controller ignore programming? And why isn't there a viable help service available through DA? My help tickets go unanswered.

BTW the light timer was changed last night and they still came on at the wrong time this morning. Danny I did see where you said the timer needs to be added to both the blue and white channels which I didn't do. I'll change that and see what happens but I never did that before when the Archon was working properly.

Are there other ways to contact DA where you can actually get help? Sorry for venting but the livestock in these tanks is too much money to have it ruined by unreliable equipment.

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I didn't reply any faster. I had an issue with my fridge last night. At this pimt you may want to try and shutdown the controller pull the memory stick and copy it to a folder on your computer. Make a new folder to do this. Then check the memory stick with the computer for errors. Fix them if any are found. Re install the memory stick and power the controller back up.

OP
OP
E

EuroDriver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Need a little help here - I have lost WiFi connectivity on my Archon via my home WAN.

I have reset the Archon 3 times and repaired the USB (it did have erros). Upon reset, I can connect via the Archon hotspot. After I reconfigure the hotspot connection to my WAN, it will connect once, then lose connection again and I can't re-establish the connection until I do another reset.

Upon reconfiguring, it always connects via the same ip address, since I have reserved it on my router.

Any ideas?

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you save the files on the memory stick prior to this happening. If you did you can try copying these files to a different memory stick and power up the Archon with this memory stick. Make sure the copy was vefore you had an issue and use a different memory stick.

reefwreck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have RKL want to upgrade but not sure about Archon all i hear is no support from digital aquatics and BRS said not going to sell them or Marine Depot kinda scared of it

bobyboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So is DA dead in the water now?
The archon hasn't had an update in nearly a year and the support forums have no recent info on them.

Bigzman

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems that way sadly. It has great potential still. Hardware is strong but software side is not getting the attention it needs. With GHL and apex stepping up their software and support, not sure what’s going to happen to digital aquatics. I hope I am wrong.

JDowns

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm somewhat surprised that they even released Archon. From a software interface perspective it is IMO not even ready for the JV team, not even close to what a consumer should expect from a paid for user GUI. MyReef has never really worked for all Windows 10 computers and they really should have outsourced that to someone competent to get it done. Their hardware has always been rock solid though ( minus the iffy salinity probe and constant re-calibration ). They really should just open source the I2C protocol they use and let the community build applications for it, will probably keep them more relevant longer especially with the DIY crowd. At this point I have an APEX on my larger tank and figured I would try DA on my nano since it needs less optimization, but since they can't figure out MyReef and there is no way I'm paying that kind of money for Archon, I'll probably switch this tank over to another APEX unit.

crs751

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best bet is to post on this forum. There are good people here that can help with most issues.

Jeepguy242

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best bet is to post on this forum. There are good people here that can help with most issues.

I know this. The community here is awesome and I am sure that any question that I may have would be answered here

The problem is there are a lot of extra instruction sheets that digital aquatics has posted on the forum with “tips and tricks” that apply to most of my modules that I cannot even view by not having an activated account. I would like to have a look at these to see if they might help me with programming or any issue I might be able to work out before I need to ask a question

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The webpages were done in java script. If you know that language then you can change things to your liking. I would be carefull doing that though.

Nubbs01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I lost my connection to my router. When I reset it i can connect to my laptop but I am unable to get it back to configure to my network. Any ideas?

55e296eb4c8f010cfb1293487273faf5.jpg
6b6b57557e3f6d950ad729bfa7017624.jpg

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 98 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back