Diving In Peacock Mantis Shrimp First :)

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard
ZomboMeme 15102020170244.jpg

OP
OP
DapperCuttlefish

DapperCuttlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R and the salty world. Lots of knowledgeable and helpful people here who will support and advise you when needed.
I’ve been cruising here looking for answers as I started researching how to beat care for Calypso. And the. I decided to leave stalker mode, register, and join the ranks! Lol. I love the share all knowledge feel of this community so far.

OP
OP
DapperCuttlefish

DapperCuttlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to r2r! I love mantis shrimp, thats a beautiful peacock. This is my smithii mantis named Scyther
The video isn’t playing on my phone, I’ll have to check it out later on my computer. I look forward to see your mantis!

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello fellow reefers,
Hubs and I are auquaholics. We did ALL of our dating at aquariums, Sea World, the Florida Keys, beaches, diving ... water was always involved. We even got married at the Florida Aquarium. We pursued careers in wildlife rehabilitation and care, and now my health has declined to where going to various dive sites, aquariums, and such must take a pause. So we are bringing God’s beauty to us. A local vendor had a peacock mantis shrimp and up till we saw that beauty we had gone back and forth on getting a tank. Well, we’ve started. And hopefully, this is the start of a beautiful hobby. Looking forward to sharing the ups and downs that is a reef and mantis tank. I’ve attached a picture of my tank that is now two weeks into cycling and a picture of Calypso (About 6 inches) in her temporary home while she waits for her forever home to finish doing its thang.
EFEC3C5B-AAE8-4636-9588-57A9CA0CC964.jpeg
270C5E80-15EE-409B-A829-22F87AB33C9A.jpeg
Welcome! Mantis shrimps are gorgeous! My wife wouldn't let me set up another tank...

OP
OP
DapperCuttlefish

DapperCuttlefish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!! I’ll be following in hopes you make a build thread!!! Love mantis build threads!!

Got a peacock myself, amazing creatures!
I’ve always been fascinated by them. Never thought to look into owning one until I saw this one in the aquarium, I am super excited to add her to our family. I’m looking forward to sharing my tank building experiences. And I’ll look for yours too.

Brady4000

I just wanted a Mantis Shrimp.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve always been fascinated by them. Never thought to look into owning one until I saw this one in the aquarium, I am super excited to add her to our family. I’m looking forward to sharing my tank building experiences. And I’ll look for yours too.
You can see build threads by clicking on the “build thread” banner if they have one. My mantis build is on my banner. If would like to see my little guy. Named him “one punch”.
1621832923131.gif

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 39 33.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 27.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.5%
Back