OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have built plenty of them but never owned one.... ever since i built one back in the day i have been in love with them.... can't wait man this is gonna be hot!!!!!! lol

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So,I know yo uhave said this before,but what do you plan to have this all set up?lol...just wondering!lol

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When= hopefully over the weekend if the om 4 way shows up in the mail..
lulz, the similarities between my new cube and Lee's continue. I am waiting for an OM 2-way to come in the mail. :D

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
everything ummmmmm.... lets see...
dart pump... bought used $75
ocean motion 4 way $250
stand $250
atb skimmer with avast swabbie "trade"
acrylic "free scraps" would have ran around $700 for a sheet of 1" and a sheet of 3/8"
light so far $200 ati 4x24 t5 fixture but it's not gonna cut it.... looking to go leds soon....
sand $75
marco rocks $150
plumbing $200
so like $1400 this far..... new it would be around $3,500 i believe....:tongue:
corals and fish i estimate around 10k ouch!!!!!!!!!!

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where'd you score the OM for $250?!?!?

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where'd you score the OM for $250?!?!?
I think I saw one recently in the FS forum for around that price, probably there.

Aquarium Specialty is running a sale on new models, I picked up my wired 2-way Squirt for $160 from them. $20 savings.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
used on here i bought it monday...1smile1 hopefully it's here today i just got word my shop is closed tomorrow because business is slow were down to 4 day weeks very often now...:sad: good news is i got the whole day tomorrow while the kids are school to get er done!!!!!! hahahahahah please be on my porch please haha lol......

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha thanks jt..... it does blow my mind some times when i see a pile of garbage and turn it into a diamond....
I love working with garbage, speaking of which.. here is what I have been working on for my new system. I built the stand 36" long despite a 24" cube will be going on it mainly so I could accommodate a 3' long sump (I love big sumps). I have no plans to skin it as I like being able to look over at it from my desk and seeing what the skimmer is doing. I also love equipment as much as corals so why not show off the hardware as well?

It's not worthy of a build thread yet, so pardon the brief hijack, but I will start one once I move the tank onto the stand and start plumbing.

2sbs7kw.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem bro lol... I was gonna ask where the pics were of this build you just mentioned..:tongue: I always rock a open stand this is my first enclosed stand fwiw lol... Here is my current display ugly as can be but what's inside always attracts the attention so no know ever pays attention... Lol
7625f496.jpg

I love working with garbage, speaking of which.. here is what I have been working on for my new system. I built the stand 36" long despite a 24" cube will be going on it mainly so I could accommodate a 3' long sump (I love big sumps). I have no plans to skin it as I like being able to look over at it from my desk and seeing what the skimmer is doing. I also love equipment as much as corals so why not show off the hardware as well?

It's not worthy of a build thread yet, so pardon the brief hijack, but I will start one once I move the tank onto the stand and start plumbing.

2sbs7kw.jpg

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lee, here's the cube.. nothing fancy, just a basic rimless 24x24x16. 2 x 1" drains and 2 x 3/4" returns.

2u3zbrn.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing wrong with that man I like it personally just like mine but 6" shorter...;) no 4way today..:sad: but the tank is going in without it haha..... Soon as these steaks get done grilling I'm bringing her in....

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmmmmmm those steaks were tasty!!!! Haha....
Tank is in it's new home....;) not were we planned on sticking but that's where it's going... Excuse the mess I had to rearrange a bunch of stuff real quick to get it in while I had some help.... Worst part is in the garage it didn't look big so the wifey was happy put it in the house she was cool with it then after 4 different spots it rests right next to my current display....:cry: need I say more haha.... (quote) "ummm this tank is not small it's almost as big as your tank right now what the heck!!!!!!!"(end quote) haha gotta love em.....;)
3878da7d.jpg

36a4bda9.jpg

Pallobi

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love me a nice cube... new here, but ill be keeping a close eye on this board for sure :) GL on your cube bud

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love me a nice cube... new here, but ill be keeping a close eye on this board for sure :) GL on your cube bud

Sweet bro thanks for tagging along and welcome to r2r the hottest reef site on the net...1smile1

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Worst part is in the garage it didn't look big so the wifey was happy put it in the house she was cool with it then after 4 different spots it rests right next to my current display....:cry: need I say more haha.... (quote) "ummm this tank is not small it's almost as big as your tank right now what the heck!!!!!!!"(end quote) haha gotta love em.....;)

lol, I have the opposite of your problem. The girlfriend wants a bigger tank and my future 4'x2'x20" tank isn't big enough. She wants a 4'x4'x2' cube. Thats is half the size of our kitchen...

Your new tank looks to be a third of your current tank.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mmmmmmm those steaks were tasty!!!! Haha....
Tank is in it's new home....;) not were we planned on sticking but that's where it's going... Excuse the mess I had to rearrange a bunch of stuff real quick to get it in while I had some help.... Worst part is in the garage it didn't look big so the wifey was happy put it in the house she was cool with it then after 4 different spots it rests right next to my current display....:cry: need I say more haha.... (quote) "ummm this tank is not small it's almost as big as your tank right now what the heck!!!!!!!"(end quote) haha gotta love em.....;)
3878da7d.jpg

36a4bda9.jpg

Yep gotta love how they think they are always saying just the right thing haha it looks like your tanks are having a stare down for sure but I like the look of your new frag tank 

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's about what it is.... She hates wide tanks I could have a 15ft long tank and she wouldn't care if it only stuck out 12" lol.... Almost did it one time but the lighting would suck and kill me...:( I blamed it all on the stand haha..... She will like it when it's done.... I am trying really hard to involve her and she's coming around finally I use to sneak around and do it because I know she hates everything about it....:cry:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back