DIY 30x30x18 rimless cube!!!!

iap

F Tyree
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that thing is dope lee!! Im still thinking bout that tank we talked about... Maybe something around this size would be better suited to my wallet, plus a 4 foot cube is pretty big, ~240g.

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you for the kind words back in buisness haha... Just needed the motivation... Once I get going there is no stopping me!!!! Haha...

I wish you could get going toward my house and build me a killer TL original sump for my tank LOL

tank is looking nice,that thick acrylic is gonna showcase your gluing skilz nicely,what seams that I see look amazing,that tank is gonna be your best yet I believe...can't wait to see what you do for the light fixture/canopy system...cool looking stand too,even though you didn't build it this time

I agree with everybody else on the overflow,I'd go external,I'm sure you can come up with a clever way to hid the space between it and the wall

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey thanks again guys for the kind words... If I knew how to multi quote I would personally thank each one of ya lol..:xd:
Anyways not much to report got the back ground laminated inside the tank with the few minutes I had to spare today..:sad: hopefully tomorrow the plumbing can get started and my skimmer shows up so I can figure out the sump and get a game plan going....
5a95ab8f.jpg

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just going to ask if it was wet yet...

As for the multi quote it is really easy, at the bottom right of each post there is a "+ symbol, click on that for each post you wish to quote and for the last one you have to click on the reply with quote icon. It should bring each quote up in a quick reply cube.

LOL maybe once ya get her down pact I could keep up with ya in the post count!:tongue:

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coming along nicely Lee! That stand is awesome, I really like the finish on it

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was going for it but my kitchen pass expired!!!! Wife is nagging been going since 7am this morning... I had to chop a false wall out of the stand to get more room, and allow for the external overflow plumbing to come inside.... sliced the back of the tank for the wier and got the returns drilled.... Also got it all flush cut and sanded just a quick polish and the tank is 100 percent...1smile1 fedex also brought my new atb small cone skimmer.....
7e1985df.jpg

3261d7b8.jpg

92ea45f7.jpg

3d34562e.jpg

MTH

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great build. Can't wait to see it up and running. I have a 36" X 30" X 24" acrylic semi-cube thats just sitting around. Only reason I haven't sold it yet is because I love the stand and canopy. I know its weird but I also like the dims on the tank as well. One day I'll set it up. In the mean time I'll live vicariously through this build.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a great build. Can't wait to see it up and running. I have a 36" X 30" X 24" acrylic semi-cube thats just sitting around. Only reason I haven't sold it yet is because I love the stand and canopy. I know its weird but I also like the dims on the tank as well. One day I'll set it up. In the mean time I'll live vicariously through this build.
Sweet!!! That's what my stand is built for a 36x30x24 but I wanted the cube look lol... Well actually I was gonna build my stand but this one popped up for a great deal so I jumped on it.... I almost scrapped the tank and went with a 36x30 but I really love the cube look myself so I kept on truckin.....;) it's actually kind of nice having a bigger stand means I can fit the guts and heart beat of the system under there....;)

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good...I'm having trouble understanding something,of all the build threads you've done,I don't remember you ever buying a stand or a skimmer,you always built your own,now you've bought both for this build :bigsmile:

you're already modding the stand and the ATB skimmers are hard to beat,so I guess its all good still :wink:

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know lol.... First time I have actually owned a real skimmer.... Everything has been diy since day one.. Trying to make this build painless.... Already find myself getting to involved...:tongue:

redtop03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I know lol.... First time I have actually owned a real skimmer.... Everything has been diy since day one.. Trying to make this build painless.... Already find myself getting to involved...:tongue:

LOL I figured you'd have to tweak the stand a little and as good as the ATB skimmer are,you'll likely find something about it that you'd like to be a little different...it's the curse of the DIYer LOL

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I got the overflow built and installed on the tank and pretty much got it ready to polish....almost there...:tongue: ended up buying a ocean motions 4 way today to throw on the dart closed loop so that's gonna kind of stall things for a few days until I receive that and figure out the plumbing..... Man these little tanks are tough to set up with the limited room under them lol.... Gonna knock the sump out tomorrow at work and get it all ready to go inside the house....1smile1

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This must be a record for TL haha troy's longest build ever 

PR_Reefers

Reefer 4 Life!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrat's Lee... can't wait to see it wet... btw awesome job on the stand!! I know it's not easy...LOL... i'm currently working on my first diy stand hehe..... I'll be lucky if it turns out half as good as yours!.. :tongue:

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 41 82.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.0%
Back