OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gluing the last side on... Here is better pics of the needles and wicking the solvent into the joint...
0ba1ad00.jpg

559ffd5a.jpg

36a2938c.jpg

3f70af94.jpg

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, it does exist. TL got skills! I wish you were within driving distance because I would have a TL original sitting in my living room. Looks awesome, can't wait to see it full of water.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ran into a issue and I'm really bummed after going like a mad man for the last few hours.... I set the bottom on the stand it's a perfect fit front to back which means I either pull the stand like 4" off the wall which I didn't want to do or I go with a internal overflow which I hate...:cry: arrrrr if I do the internal overflow I can't do my signature tank jets for the return pump...:sad: now I gotta think about what I'm gonna do..... Ahhhhhhh!!!!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoa, it does exist. TL got skills! I wish you were within driving distance because I would have a TL original sitting in my living room. Looks awesome, can't wait to see it full of water.

thank you for the kind words back in buisness haha... Just needed the motivation... Once I get going there is no stopping me!!!! Haha...

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bro I had my big tank off the wall and honestly it was better because I could get back there a little if I need to do something.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go with external man a few inches from the wall won't be that bad you got this man

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with external and with leaving room behind the tank. Reaching into the back of your tank when it is flush with the wall sucks because you have no elbow room to maneuver in to place fish/frags, reach into the overflow, or even fix any plumbing problems.

I'm digging the progress and the pics. Thank you for all the detail into your handy work.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah i agree with everyone it's just every single tank i have owned sat off the wall not that it is a huge deal i just want this super clean and having it squared up against the wall with no gaps look's the cleanest..... honestly every tank i have owned i just blew through them and made the goods inside look awesome and didn't care about the rest.... my drop tank was the only one i paid very close attention to detail on the tank it's self.... this one is gonna be hot regardless... the next hurdle with this tank is figuring out how to hang the canopy and or light fixture....where the wife want's it the ceiling is like 13ft above and it's at a angle.."stupid vaulted ceiling"

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you use to prep the edges after a saw cut??

I use my diy router table... Just clamp a long straight edge on there with a white side spiral up-cut flush trim router bit...you want to saw cut them with in 1/16" of the final measurement and come back on a router table and trim like a 32nd off each side with the router table to get a nice super clean/smooth finish every time..;)
9c9de2af.jpg

2dd60157.jpg

c9b8903e.jpg

82a1418c.jpg

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My current tank is flush up to the wall and I am kinda regretting it. Sure it made my wife happy, that was her only request when I built it. It looks much cleaner but I can't put stuff like Koralia magnets let alone the dry side of a Vortech back there so yeah it kinda sucks.

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i thought about it as well but didn't because of the magnet problem but also was worried about salt creep and dripping behind there rotting the drywall - a little airflow isn't a bad thing
but it would look cleaner

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I had like 20 min before I'm off to baseball for the day.... Just got the bottom glued on the tank will officially hold water now...:) set it on the stand to get a idea of what I got... After a nice flush cut and some polishing were in buisness!!!!
1d73e0f2.jpg

968422ae.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back