OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good Lee. Just got home to see my little cube plugging along. All 4 of my corals are doing well. Might have to take you up on some corals.... :) The tank is sad seeing it all bare.

Lmk bro like I said pay the shipping and I will fill ya box full of goodies.....1smile1 people were offering me the same deal when my tank was crashing luckily mine was a mini crash didn't lose much....:sad:

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea sounds good Cant wait to see this come along. Always great work.

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couldn't make up my mind on a skimmer so I'm building a atb elegance 200 victor will be shipping me a askoll 900 here shortly...:tongue:
Nice choice, I went cheap here and ordered a Octopus Extreme XS160 for my 24x24x16 build.

Chorse Momma

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice to see some pictures at least of the tank, stand lights. This way we all could envision how it will go together for you. Everybody likes to see the expensive stuff out, the pieces and parts stuff, well you can stuff that in the stand. What pumps will you be using?

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
128981945826705137.jpg

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay tank is 30x30x18 rimless acrylic diy by yours truly.... For flow I will have a dart on a closed loop system and a atb 3200 return pump.... sump will be 20x30 and house a atb 840 or elegance 200 skimmer built by yours truly.... Dosing will provided by a bubble Magnus dosing pump I have the head unit and add on for a 7 part system it will dose vodka, mb7, potassium, Strotium,cal,alk mag,..... Lighting for right now is a ati sunpower 4x24 fixture prolly gonna go with LEDs just not ATM I have the sunpower so it will get things started....ummm stand I was gonna build I bought all cherry hardwood to do it but a finished one popped up from a friend so I'm rolling with it less work for me..:tongue: rocks are from Marco I bought 50lbs of key largo and 30lbs of shelf with some food grade mortar to scape it..... Couldn't find any tropic Eden reef flakes so I got the next best thing IMHO caribsea special grade seafloor..... Ummmm that should cover it... Lmk if I missed something... This is a kiss system o ly 2 pumps to run the entire tank.....1smile1

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well my first failed attempt at the aquascape...:cry: not sure if I like the flat spots or not...:cry: and I'm thinking I might be over doing it as always "to much rock"
fd4765b6.jpg

90b1c85a.jpg

ba160e79.jpg

317d9fcc.jpg

8a0a4180.jpg

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the flat rock as well!

Did u specially buy the flat rock from Marcos?

BigFeesh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually liked the first one the best! If you could just shrink it a bit! I'm sure this is going to be one of the best nanos on here! You going LED right?

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually liked the first one the best! If you could just shrink it a bit! I'm sure this is going to be one of the best nanos on here! You going LED right?
Yes sir all LEDs soon enough the diy route of course haha.....
@clowns yeah I bought key largo rock and the shelf Rock "flat pieces" from Marco.... I think once I break out the mortar I
Will get the look I'm after I want a bonsai style with cliffs here and there but I'm finding it a real challenge to light all the areas it's gonna create tons of shadows....:sad:

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure this is going to be one of the best nanos on here!
30x30x18 is a nano?:haha: My 40gal cube must be a pico then. :tongue:

Troylee, there are bits from each aquascape I like but none as a whole. Playing with rock is fun.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I gotta play with it again tomorrow...:sad: at baseball like always were into the tournament stages now so it's win or go home..:tongue: I'll have it in the next couple days... Lol

Back