DIY 30x30x18 rimless cube!!!!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like #2 better! (ugh thats just sounds gross)

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
scaping is a fun pita, and cubes make it even tougher cause of the three sides to deal with
i like the arch/seastack looking structure on the front right side of first set and the huge cave structure on the back left of the second
should be cool whatever you end up with

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well im keeping the pics here with you guys as i play with it and keep trying different ones i left the second one and slept on it walking out the door to go to work this morning i peeked at it and it looked good...:sad: i think i can do better got a few more ideas been searching pics for the last couple days...... plenty more to come...1smile1

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second one does look pretty cool Lee..! So does those palm trees on the street......LOL! Makes me want to take a vacation!:tongue:

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i know i know... this site kills me it takes every extra free minute i have.... im telling you i am more addicted to the boards than any tank i have ever owned lol.....hopefully by the week end im thinking it will be right there....i need to pick up the stand before i can drill the tank for the closed loop and figure out the overflow etc.... since this stand was built for a different tank a 36x30x30 i am gonna have a little over hang on each side..... he told me the stand is 36 wide and 34 front to back so my cube should look good and it will allow me to have a external overflow and still have it where i can put the stand against the wall....1smile1

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tagging along Troy - So far so good and i dig the round #2 aquascapping too. Cant wait to see it come together. Sweet looking stand btw!

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nah I bought 30lbs.... All the rock is not in the picture I have them sitting in a pile off to the side so it don't take away from the pics of the actual scape.... I got a decent pile of both the shelf and regular Rock only using about 50 percent of each I will sell the rest lol...

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
haha...I need about 6 shelf rocks,all about 12" in size!lol...I wasnt sure how much tha would weigh,so I figured Id see what you got!lol...

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say 5 to 7lbs a piece... I didn't get any big ones like that... I think there was a couple but they got broke in shipping it's kind of delicate... Marco will give ya any size you want if you request it... Hit him up..;)

VegasRick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bout time, thought you broke your camera. I like the last picture in the first post best

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Away we go!!!!!!! Got the material all cut and edges prepped gotta love the thick stuff lol.... You will see the difference in a prepped edge and a saw cut edge that's garbage for gluing... Getting ready to glue the first pieces right now.... 1smile1 btw picked up the stand today it's sick!!!! Wow is it nice I will get some pics of the finish and stuff on it just plain right awesome dude told me he paid $1300 to have it built for his tank lol... Also got a skimmer in the mail I officially have every thing now to get this rocking.... Skimmer is a atb external small cone "thanks Chad" can't wait I think it will see water this weekend haha!!!!! If ya need me I'll be in the garage...;)
0dd6521d.jpg

dfac0965.jpg

UncleJT

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troylee, can you please build me a tank and ship it off on a flight to MHT via SWA? :)

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here we go a live update haha... Got a little needles and pin action for gluing this bad boy up with Weldon 4 solvent...
In the pics you will see my twisty tie pins I use to shim the pieces this allows the solvent to run inside between the 2 pieces after 30 seconds pull the pins and let the pieces set for a nice clean flawless glue joint..."it's truly a art lol" okay on with the pics over half way done... Got to glue the front panel on and the bottom and she will hold water yeah!!!!
ab409546.jpg

c27f71a5.jpg

03fa4ddd.jpg

5429fd5e.jpg

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great! I finally understand what people are talking about when I hear the "pin method."

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back