OP
OP
R

ravi197699

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
no need to embed just glue on the inside of the bottom and it will stick to the bottom of the motor and hold it in place, I will take the measurements of the motor

Travi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Doesn't have to be waterproof, but anything to reduce surface area contact with moisture will extend the life of the motor.

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ravi197699 Love the design.
I’m getting tired of replacing filter socks every 2-3 days, looking into this and wonder if it will work for me.

My main concern is how do you deal with smell of that used material? Is there some sort of cleaning solution or maybe carbon box to keep it in?
Thanks

csb123

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if installing a fan, pointing at the used dirty paper, would dry it out and reduce the rotting seaweed smell?

whitelightning77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on these rollermats does the paper just sit flat against the bottom of the box and the box is just filled with holes so the water can drain? My question is how close to the bottom of the box does the paper have to be? Is there any bypass? Or does the weight of the wet paper push down and seal the sides?

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ravi197699 Love the design.
I’m getting tired of replacing filter socks every 2-3 days, looking into this and wonder if it will work for me.

My main concern is how do you deal with smell of that used material? Is there some sort of cleaning solution or maybe carbon box to keep it in?
Thanks
There is no smell with my design. The roll sits vertical and drys. This eliminates the smell.

Deep dive coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So on these rollermats does the paper just sit flat against the bottom of the box and the box is just filled with holes so the water can drain? My question is how close to the bottom of the box does the paper have to be? Is there any bypass? Or does the weight of the wet paper push down and seal the sides?
With my system the whole bottom is open. The paper sits on egg crate. The more water that is on it to pass through the better filtering you get with gravity. The paper is guided by 2 rollers.

whitelightning77

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With my system the whole bottom is open. The paper sits on egg crate. The more water that is on it to pass through the better filtering you get with gravity. The paper is guided by 2 rollers.

Ok, but technically, the water can feather off to the side of the filter paper right? It's not 100% sealed correct?

srit1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesnt have to be fully above the sump water level. Mine is submerged ~4 inches and my drain lines are submerged ~1 inch in the box. Water can only exit down through the filter paper and as it clogs, the float valve triggers, new paper comes in and the box level drops back down a bit. If the motor or float valve were to fail (they havent in 3 years so far) water would just overflow the box into my sump and that would be loud.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back