DIY net (no jumping on the reef!)

WestMI-Reefer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2022
Messages
343
Reaction score
447
Location
Holland, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning on homing a purple firefish (Nemateleotris decora) in this shallow reef. Net is a must with them being known jumpers.
Here’s my attempt with acrlyic rods, 1/4 & 1/16 sheets, netting, and weldon 16. Might add a feed port later on.
Turned out decent, but still no match for some of the custom made nets manufacturers make!
Anyone else try these? ADBAA27D-AD8B-4AB3-8527-16267F229377.jpeg C31CA280-0189-4449-97EF-9602ACFF0B7A.jpeg 01DD38EC-4FBD-49E0-98B2-032FB4C36AB5.jpeg
 
If I had a proper shop space again I’d probably start making some on the side … not a lot of business to grab up in Western North Dakota though.

IMG_2340.jpeg
Amazing build @unchaotic Thats the quality I see from the custom net manufacturers. Was that cnc machined? The acrylic looks perfect.

I’ve been to North Dakota! Stayed in a town of like 14 people, it was awesome!
 
Amazing build @unchaotic Thats the quality I see from the custom net manufacturers. Was that cnc machined? The acrylic looks perfect.
It was my first try and it is all hand cut/routered using templates I made. The picture does it extra justice, lol. It has some issues but I’ve already got plans to fix those on my next go.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new