0   0   0

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok so my custom led came in today.

The good news is, the coloration is fantastic!

The bad news is, the violet LEDs limited the current so they are 36volt * 600ma = 21.6 watts.

I have it running on an inventronics dimmable driver and don't turn it up all the way.

I will say this: If this thing was 50 or even 100 watts, I don't think I would want another light.

With all the 420nm, growth should be good, and colors should pop.

I think I will finish this in a gutted kessil knock off and use it over a nano.

IMG_20181024_192516175.jpg

Once I have it properly mounted, I will take pics over water.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost looks like it was meant to go there. ;Stig

IMG_20181024_202702576.jpg

Now I have to put a couple of DC jacks where the dimmer knobs were for power and fan and it'll be finished. Pretty slick!

I wish I could find some dead kessils or more of these jebao knock offs. Would be worth it to buy them for a few bucks honestly.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some input.

The array I got in yesterday has 600ma limit.

The inventronics driver I am using is dimmable via a potentiometer. How can I limit the current to where I can't accidentally turn it all the way up?

I was hoping it was just a simple resistor since the potentiometer is just that a variable resistor.

OP
OP
Kampo

Kampo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so how is everyones builds going, just bought a 30in cube so will be needing to do a light upgrade. I"m debating between getting 2 more blue acro pucs and do 4 of them over the cube, or doing 4 of these pucs.

U

User1

View Badges
I've not heard much from the blue acro camp. I was looking to buy another 4 of the ones I have from him but not received any response back. Having said that the four that I have work well and punch through the 30" depth I have. I just need four more :D If I don't end up getting any from him I was leaning towards the multi chips from Nanobox. I like how those look and are cheaper. I think they could fit in with my set up.

OP
OP
Kampo

Kampo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not heard much from the blue acro camp. I was looking to buy another 4 of the ones I have from him but not received any response back. Having said that the four that I have work well and punch through the 30" depth I have. I just need four more :D If I don't end up getting any from him I was leaning towards the multi chips from Nanobox. I like how those look and are cheaper. I think they could fit in with my set up.
yeah I have 3 of his half mega pros, 2 over my 20 cube 1 over my fluval flex 14 reef. love there color. I think I prolly need 4 for a 30 in cube (planning on having 2-4 T5hos also in the light) maybe 3 would be enough if I stole one from my work tank. that or see if anyone else needs a few half mega pros, sell the 3 I have and go with nanobox or these "close" pucs

paphater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still am pretty happy with them. I'm waiting on a few more pieces before I rent the par meter. For the price I think they are tough to beat. I think for sure you need to plan to supplement some additional royal blue.

OP
OP
Kampo

Kampo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thinking my game plan for my 93 cube 2 of these pucs mount them on a 12inch makersled heatsink (will need a fan but should be ok) then suppliment the Blue channel with 4 Luxeon C Royal Blues from Steves, and possibly add 2 Mints as well.

Ariel V Rosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thinking my game plan for my 93 cube 2 of these pucs mount them on a 12inch makersled heatsink (will need a fan but should be ok) then suppliment the Blue channel with 4 Luxeon C Royal Blues from Steves, and possibly add 2 Mints as well.

I wish the dimensions of this thing were listed, I have some great optics I would love to use I got from Orphek' does anyone know the diameter of each circle on this puck?

OP
OP
Kampo

Kampo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wish the dimensions of this thing were listed, I have some great optics I would love to use I got from Orphek' does anyone know the diameter of each circle on this puck?

I bet if printed the puc picture to scale (it's 122mm) you would be able to see if optics matchup

OP
OP
Kampo

Kampo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so planning out the wiring of my light.
the 420s on the ad I bought these pucs say they are good for 1amp. but I have never sean any epi or semiled leds in the UV spectrum that take more than 700mah. reason i'm asking is i'm debating between combining the RB and 420 channels. but I want to drive them at 1amp, thinking that might be to hard for the 420 diodes. what are you guys running the 420 diodes at?

Ariel V Rosa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so planning out the wiring of my light.
the 420s on the ad I bought these pucs say they are good for 1amp. but I have never sean any epi or semiled leds in the UV spectrum that take more than 700mah. reason i'm asking is i'm debating between combining the RB and 420 channels. but I want to drive them at 1amp, thinking that might be to hard for the 420 diodes. what are you guys running the 420 diodes at?

They don't take higher current but they do need higher voltage if you look closely. Your main goal is the power you are driving them at not the current, so the wattage they are rated for is more important. I wouldn't exceed rated power without sufficient cooling. (ir... massive actively cooled heatsink on the other side of that puck. If you wanted to get there you could get a laser thermometer and monitor junction temperature therated temps for life expectancy. (usually 50C, for most diodes)

mA x V = Wattage = Heat dissipation

If you can find a way of extracting more heat efficiently you could certainly drive them at higher currents.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back